7/5: Apparently we are playing Miami in Miami

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s only a thing because Harold is saying it’s a real possibility.  I personally don’t think there is any chance it happens because the idea is absolute insanity, but can’t completely rule out it if Harold is actively championing for it.

And because it would be such a Jerry Reinsdorf White Sox thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And because it would be such a Jerry Reinsdorf White Sox thing to do.

Ain't that the damn truth 

• Paper Bag 1

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s only a thing because Harold is saying it’s a real possibility.  I personally don’t think there is any chance it happens because the idea is absolute insanity, but can’t completely rule out it if Harold is actively championing for it.

Zzzz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Zzzz

Honestly using common sense will make you more right . If the Sox aren't capable of carrying one bad contract during a rebuild when they're knocking $100+ off the payroll between last year's trade deadline and the coming off season dumping of Eloy and Moncada then Sox fans  have lost it completely.

I know I blame JR for everything so I kind of get it but that would be completely asinine.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

because a guy who might work for the sox said as much in the game thread?

Maybe I need a refresher course. Can anyone besides Fathom tell me why Harold deserves such a place of honor besides that he "might"  in some people's minds work for the Sox ?

The guy is always super cryptic about anything he says usually only hinting at stuff. That style may give you all boners but it more likely means nothing except he likes to be thought of as an insider.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe I need a refresher course. Can anyone besides Fathom tell me why Harold deserves such a place of honor besides that he "might"  in some people's minds work for the Sox ?

The guy is always super cryptic about anything he says usually only hinting at stuff. That style may give you all boners but it more likely means nothing except he likes to be thought of as an insider.

Excellent post.

The thought is that he is either Getz himself or employed by the Sox because of how much he defends both Getz and the Maldonado signing, while at the same time crapping on our better catcher Korey Lee, whom was acquired by Hahn.  He also likes to constantly rip on “AdVaNcEd MeTrIcS” (yes, he spells it out this way) which makes him further look like a Sox employee because our team is too cheap and stupid to spend much money on such modern day baseball analysis.

But without giving any specifics on a potential trade beforehand, he will often respond to a Twitter post by Heyman or Nightengale “confirming” a Sox trade with “No sh1t, Jon!” or “No duh, Bob!”  Typically, insiders give other insiders credit on Twitter for breaking trade news, since that is the business they are in.

Wetbutt23 and KatyPerrysBootyHole still have the most credibility of any supposed insiders.  They called the Quintana trade a day before it became official and that Q was headed to the Cubs for four prospects.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The thought is that he is either Getz himself or employed by the Sox

No.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Wetbutt23 and KatyPerrysBootyHole still have the most credibility of any supposed insiders.

Yes.

• Haha 1