Sox at Fish 7-6 3:10CDT, Crochet on the bump

Another bad offensive performance. Should have won this game. The Marlins left a ton of runners on. But the Sox looked dead after the first three innings. Didn't know the Marlins staff was that good. But at least Bennitendi got two hits on his birthday.

For the 16th time this season the Sox took a lead into the 7th inning or later...and lost.

16...and we aren't even at the All-Star break yet.

Wow!

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 2

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well someone else can take the duties tmr. Another very White Sox loss.

Soroka is fucking garbage, g a r b a g e

• Like 1

Corpseball is back. That being said, Miami is not drawing anybody to their games. Their attendance has beeb bad for years. The stadium looks nice and I wonder why they are not drawing better. I read  they have a lease that  locks them in for many years. In other words they can't get out of the lease.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Corpseball is back. That being said, Miami is not drawing anybody to their games. Their attendance has beeb bad for years. The stadium looks nice and I wonder why they are not drawing better. I read  they have a lease that  locks them in for many years. In other words they can't get out of the lease.

They built the place in the wrong town, they didn’t draw that bad when they played at Pro Player Park. They should have built the new park around Ft Lauderdale right in the middle of the metro area with Palm Beach to the north and Miami to the south. Most of the money is between Lauderdale and Palm Beach and many won’t make the drive down to Miami.  

They’re doing the same thing in Tampa with the new park going to be a block away from Tropicana Field. The Rays have wanted to have the new stadium built near downtown Tampa for years but never could get a deal done. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

They built the place in the wrong town, they didn’t draw that bad when they played at Pro Player Park. They should have built the new park around Ft Lauderdale right in the middle of the metro area with Palm Beach to the north and Miami to the south. Most of the money is between Lauderdale and Palm Beach and many won’t make the drive down to Miami.  

They’re doing the same thing in Tampa with the new park going to be a block away from Tropicana Field. The Rays have wanted to have the new stadium built near downtown Tampa but never could get a deal done. 

I can't believe the Rays are going to build a new stadium near their present park. Is it a done deal or could they build it elsewhere?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I can't believe the Rays are going to build a new stadium near their present park. Is it a done deal or could they build it elsewhere?

They’re still working out details and nothing is official but if they get the new stadium it will be built in St. Pete a block from the Trop. 

IMG_0038.jpeg

IMG_0039.jpeg

Edited by The Mighty Mite

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

For the 16th time this season the Sox took a lead into the 7th inning or later...and lost.

16...and we aren't even at the All-Star break yet.

Wow!

Makes one think that Hahns idea of spending money on a couple of relivers wasn't such a bad idea.

19 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Makes one think that Hahns idea of spending money on a couple of relivers wasn't such a bad idea.

Getz did spend money on some relievers.  He just managed to pick all the wrong ones, just like Hahn used to.  Because both are bad GMs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz did spend money on some relievers.  He just managed to pick all the wrong ones, just like Hahn used to.  Because both are bad GMs.

The team was built to lose and convert players into prospects. Theyll trade their relief pitching all day every day during a rebuild.

Can u just repeat over and over  the Sox and Getz suck every day . I think we understand how you feel by now. Btw the BP is 8th worst in MLB by ERA so it's not really a huge reason why the team is worst in baseball.Might have something to do with ooh I dunno the owner .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Can u just repeat over and over  the Sox and Getz suck every day . I think we understand how you feel by now. 

The Sox deserve the negative comments. They've left their fans NOTHING to discuss during a season from hell except for the 2-5 people who love tank jobs and rebuilds. Maybe love is too strong a word but pardon those of us who don't follow tank/rebuilds. We want wins ASAP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quin said:

Oh damn, guess we can't trade him now.

I think some of you guys who think the Sox are gonna get a delightful haul of future stars/contributors for Crochet and Robert are gonna be disappointed. I don't think contenders are gonna 'need' to acquire either guy. It's not like we're talking Koufax and Willie Mays here. They are very good players. Let's see what Getz can get, lol.

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

The Sox deserve the negative comments. They've left their fans NOTHING to discuss during a season from hell except for the 2-5 people who love tank jobs and rebuilds. Maybe love is too strong a word but pardon those of us who don't follow tank/rebuilds. We want wins ASAP.

Of course they deserve negative comments. We don't deserve people making up BS in order to hammer on their personal narrative. Gimme negative. Leave the BS at the door. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ptatc said:

It was a bad idea, the way he spent it. 
The middle/bottom of the pen pitched today and they gave up 2 runs in 4 innings.  This wasn't the bullpen's fault.

Pedro coddles his best relievers; doesn't like using them 2 days in a row, etc.

As for Crochet, they should rest him until after the ASG.  I  know that the FO has prioritized the All Star Game for some reason, so I guess they go back to 4 days rest and throw him Thursday.  But I hope they don't.

Reminds me of Todd Frazier, when making sure he was rested and comfortable for Home Run Derby was more important than winning baseball games.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

It was a bad idea, the way he spent it. 
The middle/bottom of the pen pitched today and they gave up 2 runs in 4 innings.  This wasn't the bullpen's fault.

Pedro coddles his best relievers; doesn't like using them 2 days in a row, etc.

As for Crochet, they should rest him until after the ASG.  I  know that the FO has prioritized the All Star Game for some reason, so I guess they go back to 4 days rest and throw him Thursday.  But I hope they don't.

Reminds me of Todd Frazier, when making sure he was rested and comfortable for Home Run Derby was more important than winning baseball games.

Let me say this very clearly. 

Winning games is not a priority in 2024, nor should it be when you are on a 40whatever win pace.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Of course they do but Getz is not the problem. And repeating it over and over won't fix it. There are things to see that things are progressing. Way better than expected seasons from Fedde and Crochet should make things better . But JR has different plans. Just not sure what he's doing besides what he always does which is controlling the purse strings in all aspects of the franchise.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I believe most soundly criticized him for the philosophy of placing an importance of spending on the bullpen.

Edited by ptatc

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I think some of you guys who think the Sox are gonna get a delightful haul of future stars/contributors for Crochet and Robert are gonna be disappointed. I don't think contenders are gonna 'need' to acquire either guy. It's not like we're talking Koufax and Willie Mays here. They are very good players. Let's see what Getz can get, lol.

Sir, I am on the keep Crochet/Robert train, but only if Getzy can convince JR to sign his unicorn pitcher.

Which, in his defense, is a damn near Herculean task.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Let me say this very clearly. 

Winning games is not a priority in 2024, nor should it be when you are on a 40whatever win pace.

I didn't say it was; But it was important when Mr. Home Run Derby was playing.  Today what is important is prettying these players up to be traded (as well as developing a few).  What is not important in any way, shape or form is the all star game.

The All Star Game was interesting in yesteryear when there were 2 distinct leagues that only met at the ASG and the World Series.