Elias didn't shutdown trade of Holliday

47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah I also thought these comments were interesting. Seems like he’d be available for the right guy (I can’t imagine crochet is that guy). 

I imagine westbhrg looking like a DUDE has made them think Holliday could be dealable

I imagine they could/would trade Holliday in the right deal, but it’s not gonna be for a year and a half of Tucker. First of all, the Astros are surging. Why would they trade one of their two best players to a league rival? Second, right field is not exactly a problem in Baltimore. Santander hasn’t hit that great for average, but there’s been huge impact. Kjerstad is off to a nice start since his return and Cowser is really more of a corner guy than a centerfielder. A stud pitcher, a true centerfielder, plus some upside arms, maybe you’re talking. But this article is a pipe dream.

• Like 1

Crochet to Baltimore in a Holliday deal.

Robert to Phillies for Painter, Abel and Griff McGary

Fedde to Red Sox for Marcelo Mayer.

Then, in 2032, we get ready to trade Schultz for the #1 prospect.

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

I couldn’t see him going in a deal for Crochet, but maybe for Robert.

29 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

But that doesn't repeat history quite as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I don’t want all pitching for Robert. Red Sox laugh at that. Baltimore can get more than Crochet for Holliday

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I would really like Seattle and Baltimore to work out for Robert and Crochet respectively. Their position player pools are so deep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would really like Seattle and Baltimore to work out for Robert and Crochet respectively. Their position player pools are so deep.

Don’t think in the 20 or whatever years we’ve been posting on this site that you and I have been so aligned.

It’s strange… but I’m rolling with it. ?

poop.

There… now the universe is right again.

58 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly, the Orioles and the Mariners match up really well.  Something like Westburg plus for Kirby plus.  That helps both teams immediately.  

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

That would be nice.  But an issue with Robert to Seattle is that Seattle has a huge strikeout problem, and Robert adds to it .

4 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I don’t want all pitching for Robert. Red Sox laugh at that. Baltimore can get more than Crochet for Holliday

Crochet = Sale, Robert= Eaton, Fedde = Quintana

The Schultz line was in there for a reason. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

11 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Crochet is the best pitcher in MLB this year. You need truly elite prospects if you're trading him. Discussions with Orioles should begin and probably end with Holliday. Simple as that.

Basallo & Mayo are elite prospects.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

One thing that has been true for Elias is that he and his team do not leak any moves or negotiations.  People can quote him on certain things, but he only says things very general terms.  They are usually not meaningful.  He only says with any certainty when things actually happen.

Edited by Snowy Demon

9 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

One thing that has been true for Elias is that he and his team do not leak any moves or negotiations.  People can quote him on certain things, but he only says things very general terms.  They are usually not meaningful.  He only says with any certainty when things actually happen.

Sounds like you posted in error then and Elias is actually not a reliable source.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sounds like you posted in error then and Elias is actually not a reliable source.

He is definitely a reliable source since his office does not leak information.  No source is reliable when they are speculating. 

Edited by Snowy Demon

6 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

He is definitely a reliable source since his office does not leak information.  No source is reliable when they are speculating. 

They quite literally quoted the guy.