Sox/Marlins 7/7/24 GT

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

Anyone else hoping Burger would homer?

Kopeck should never pitch a ninth ever again.

Please just DFA Kopech, they aren’t going to get anything for him, I never want to see him pitch in a White Sox uniform again. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

Yes, only because I didn’t want to see another ridiculous extra inning game.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

I don’t think it mattered if anyone wanted him to or not.  It almost seemed inevitable the way that inning was going and the fact that the Sox intentionally walked the previous batter to face Burger.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

From the very start, Kopech has been a disappointment. He was over-hyped when he first came up. He had no command back then. He has never really found himself. That Burger HR sure went a long way. Waste of another good start.

• Like 1

Just now, Highland said:

From the very start, Kopech has been a disappointment. He was over-hyped when he first came up. He had no command back then. He has never really found himself. That Burger HR sure went a long way. Waste of another good start.

By my calculations, 20 pitches, all fastballs?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Highland said:

But he could throw 110mph on a football field...next stop HOF!

37 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Any credibility that Ozzie ever had is gone, gone. His chanting for Kopech to come in is ridiculous. 

How can he even think that?

I would have been glad to be wrong, but Kopech proves that Ozzie is a complete idiot, and Pedro too. 

How could either one of those two possibly think that Kopech, with what he's done ALL year, would hold this lead? I just don't understand anyone thinking that he wouldn't blow that lead. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

I would have been glad to be wrong, but Kopech proves that Ozzie is a complete idiot, and Pedro too. 

How could either one of those two possibly think that Kopech, with what he's done ALL year, would hold this lead? I just don't understand anyone thinking that he wouldn't blow that lead. 

Kopech deserves the criticism for sure but the boneheaded bunt situation and Pham completely whiffing a catchable ball certainly didn’t help the situation. 

10 minutes ago, Highland said:

He was a legit awesome reliever in 2021.  No idea how he can be this bad after previous success in the role.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He got his spike caught and balked for the 2nd time in a week.  The fucking idiots are just being fucking idiots. 

So has that been Kopech’s problem the entire season?  Spikes?

He is 2-8 with a 5.45 ERA and 5 blown saves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He was a legit awesome reliever in 2021.  No idea how he can be this bad after previous success in the role.

No fastball command and becoming a one-pitch pitcher hasn’t helped

• Like 4