Sox/Marlins 7/7/24 GT

Watching Robert Jr tells it all. Started back but quickly realized it was long gone. Body language sagged. Kind of symbolized this season. Should have swept this series. How about another rebuild?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Also, I never understood all this "Pham is gone by the trade deadline" stuff. 

No one except the desperate Sox wanted to sign him as a free agent. Why would anyone trade for him now?

He’s a decent fourth outfielder and is cheap so he should be moved, but he isn’t returning much with a .705 OPS.

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

How can they not?
Yet they won't until season's end.  

People keep saying this, yet it hasn’t happened.  Grifol will be the fall guy for JR and Getz at the end of the season.  They have kept him employed for this long, so why would they fire him now instead of waiting?

Here we go again.

For the 17th time the Sox had a lead going into the 7th inning or later...and lost.

All you can do is laugh at these buffoons.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He’s a decent fourth outfielder and is cheap so he should be moved, but he isn’t returning much with a .705 OPS.

It's amazing what happens once Tommy Pham regresses from hitting like Frank Thomas or Mike Schmidt to hitting like Tommy Pham.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

If you didn’t hear that call by Schriffen, you missed out.  I’m still laughing.

What happened?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Quin said:

It's amazing what happens once Tommy Pham regresses from hitting like Frank Thomas or Mike Schmidt to hitting like Tommy Pham.

Don’t forget Sheets and Julks.  If DeJong isn’t hitting homers, he’ll be down around a .700 OPS soon as well just like those guys, but he obviously still has more value than those guys cuz he can play SS.  Saddest regression has been Lee.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Of the 17 games the Sox have now lost when leading in the 7th inning or later Kopech is directly responsible for four of those games:

April 17 Kansas City 8th inning (Game #1)

May 24 Baltimore 8th inning

June 10 @Seattle 8th inning

July 7 @Miami 9th inning

He's clearly got to go. 

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I wonder what Eloy signs for as he is pretty much useless in every facet. 

Eloy is barely qualified as a DH who doesn't hit much. 

13 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hope Michael saved whatever money he's made. He's going to have a hard time dating even the C listers on a KBO salary.

He’s still got 102. Some team will get him straightened out.

45 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hope Michael saved whatever money he's made. He's going to have a hard time dating even the C listers on a KBO salary.

Nah, he'll get 2 or 3 more teams at least try to fix him.  Honestly if I hadn't seen 5 seasons of this s%*#, he'd be a guy who'd be interesting to try from the outside.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:
Here we go again.

For the 17th time the Sox had a lead going into the 7th inning or later...and lost.

All you can do is laugh at these buffoons.

Former Chicago announcer  Jack Brickhouse never   criticised any MLB player. He always said that the players in the MLB were the greatest players in the world  but some were better than others. You constantly  have called the White Sox players clowns and buffoons. Obviously you think differently than Brickhouse did. Just curious, I'm under the impression you are some kind of sports announcer at some school. Do you refer to them as clowns and buffoons when they don't perform good?

• Like 2

Just now, WBWSF said:

Former Chicago announcer  Jack Brickhouse never   criticised any MLB player. He always said that the players in the MLB were the greatest players in the world  but some were better than others. You constantly  have called the White Sox players clowns and buffoons. Obviously you think differently than Brickhouse did. Just curious, I'm under the impression you are some kind of sports announcer at some school. Do you refer to them as clowns and buffoons when they don't perform good?

I'm a broadcaster for Idaho State University in the Big Sky Conference.

BIG DIFFERENCE between those kids and professional players getting paid millions and millions of dollars supposedly to perform. 

And no, ISU doesn't have huge NIL deals for their athletes.

To answer your question I'd never call those kids clowns and buffoons They are amatures but when they have played badly I HAVE called them out because I also have an obligation to the audience to be truthful. I have gotten into hot water at times because of it but that's what happens when you have a conflict of interest situation between the school, which is paying me, and the obligation to my profession and the listeners/viewers. 

I respected Jack as a good broadcaster but he was as unbiased and honest as today's politicians. If the Cubs or Sox were having a bad season or getting blown out he'd still try to tell you that everything is fine. That's insulting to a fan in my opinion. That's thinking they are idiots.   

Now feel free to go back to telling us how the Sox were going to have a good season or after winning a few games how this was going to be the start of a turnaround. ??

I repeat this edition of the Sox as well as basically since 2007 are nothing but clowns and buffoons and that extends into ownership and the front office on the baseball side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

What have you been watching this season?  These players DO in fact make basic mistakes like clowns and buffoons, or little leaguers, that major leaguers should not be making.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

What have you been watching this season?  These players DO in fact make basic mistakes like clowns and buffoons.

And Grifol's quote today on "fundamentals" is just as idiotic.