Sox/Marlins 7/7/24 GT

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm a broadcaster for Idaho State University in the Big Sky Conference.

BIG DIFFERENCE between those kids and professional players getting paid millions and millions of dollars supposedly to perform. 

And no, ISU doesn't have huge NIL deals for their athletes.

To answer your question I'd never call those kids clowns and buffoons They are amatures but when they have played badly I HAVE called them out because I also have an obligation to the audience to be truthful. I have gotten into hot water at times because of it but that's what happens when you have a conflict of interest situation between the school, which is paying me, and the obligation to my profession and the listeners/viewers. 

I respected Jack as a good broadcaster but he was as unbiased and honest as today's politicians. If the Cubs or Sox were having a bad season or getting blown out he'd still try to tell you that everything is fine. That's insulting to a fan in my opinion. That's thinking they are idiots.   

Now feel free to go back to telling us how the Sox were going to have a good season or after winning a few games how this was going to be the start of a turnaround. ??

I repeat this edition of the Sox as well as basically since 2007 are nothing but clowns and buffoons and that extends into ownership and the front office on the baseball side. 

Every White Sox season is a good season but some  seasons are better than others.

• Paper Bag 3

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Don’t forget Sheets and Julks.  If DeJong isn’t hitting homers, he’ll be down around a .700 OPS soon as well just like those guys, but he obviously still has more value than those guys cuz he can play SS.  Saddest regression has been Lee.

DeJong trading his glove for power this season has been one of the more unexpected storylines.

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

Every White Sox season is a good season but some  seasons are better than others.

Glass 1/10th full mindset and I'm here for it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Wow..... Cmon no way this is a good season...

• Like 1

Just caught up on my box score and game wrap. Another lol moment with the Sox. Burger couldn't have hit that ball any harder. I'm actually so happy he hit that bomb off Kopech.

See Jerry, I know you don't care one iota, but here's a lifelong Sox fan thrilled we lost cause Burger hit the bomb. Burger ... a fan favorite who should never have been traded. Yoan shoulda been traded not Burger to go.

If somebody wanted to rip the team that acquires Kopech ... there's a pretty good highlight reel of blown saves and monster hits off him somebody could put together. Kopech is no reliever. If any team wants him as a reliever that team has rocks for brains. He needs to be reinvented as a starter ASAP. And work on ball movement on his fastball and a great secondary pitch. Still can't believe the Sox blew another lead today.

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I disagree. I used to agree with that assertion until the Sox decided to have a roster full of unlikeable players. We have one likeable player in Crochet. Robert is not yet in the likeable category after pulling that stunt in cf the other day to go with his ultra low batting average and penchant for multi-strikeout games when he's not on.

4 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

What have you been watching this season?  These players DO in fact make basic mistakes like clowns and buffoons, or little leaguers, that major leaguers should not be making.

Amen. These players and manager should be called out on a daily basis by fans and media. It's Jerry's fault. Only he could create a team that is this bad.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Also, I never understood all this "Pham is gone by the trade deadline" stuff. 

No one except the desperate Sox wanted to sign him as a free agent. Why would anyone trade for him now?

Another excellent post. I love me some Pham but your post said it all.

7 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

Anyone else hoping Burger would homer?

Me. The timing of that trade stunk and trading Burger during a season in which he led the team in HRs and was blasting them at a good rate was disappointing. He crushed that ball today. That HR was actually legendary. Against former team which walked the previous hitter off a guy that throws as hard as anybody in Sox history. Hilarious.

After the mistake of bringing Kopech in to Close, any self respecting Manager would have intentionally walked Burger, a fastball hitter with tremendous power who had all sorts of motivation to dial it up in that situation.  Everyone watching other than Grifol saw that coming.  He is a terrible Manager.

38 minutes ago, tray said:

After the mistake of bringing Kopech in to Close, any self respecting Manager would have intentionally walked Burger, a fastball hitter with tremendous power who had all sorts of motivation to dial it up in that situation.  Everyone watching other than Grifol saw that coming.  He is a terrible Manager.

He intentionally walked someone to get to Burger.