Robert "Top Priority" for Philly

Caba, Miller and Crawford would be the dream. Realistically I think you could potentially get Caba, Miller and maybe a lesser prospect like Rincones or Mcgarry. I coached Jordan Viars who has been on a tear in their farm in A ball lately. He’s a 2021 3rd rounder who I coached when he was back in school so selfishly I’d want him just because lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, peanut33tillman said:

Caba, Miller and Crawford would be the dream. Realistically I think you could potentially get Caba, Miller and maybe a lesser prospect like Rincones or Mcgarry. I coached Jordan Viars who has been on a tear in their farm in A ball lately. He’s a 2021 3rd rounder who I coached when he was back in school so selfishly I’d want him just because lol. 

I don’t understand why everyone loves Miller. A few weeks ago the board consensus was they’d rather have Miller than Painter. I don’t get it. I understand Painter comes with injury risk but the sky is the limit for that kid. I don’t see the same with Miller personally.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I don’t understand why everyone loves Miller. A few weeks ago the board consensus was they’d rather have Miller than Painter. I don’t get it. I understand Painter comes with injury risk but the sky is the limit for that kid. I don’t see the same with Miller personally.

Agreed.

20 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Stott, Castellanos,

Marsh, Rojas, Stott their bottom 3...Robert would replace Rojas.

Castellanos a down season at 93 OPS+.

Even Sosa has been really strong, even.

OFC, three of those horses are on the IL right now.

2 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

Robert, Schwarber, Harper, Turner, Realmuto, Bohm..... yikes... that's one potent ass line up

Robert would be 5-6 WAR player in that lineup. 

Why would folks not want Miller? Dude exploded in Low-A. Hit, power, and improved defense. Publications all up arrowed him into a top 50 prospect that should stick at SS. Sure he's struggling in High-A after a promotion, but this is the kind of up the middle talent you want in a return.

I like Painter too, but I'm not anywhere near turning my nose up at Miller.

Just now, DirtySox said:

Why would folks not want Miller? Dude exploded in Low-A. Hit, power, and improved defense. Publications all up arrowed him into a top 50 prospect that should stick at SS. Sure he's struggling in High-A after a promotion, but this is the kind of up the middle talent you want in a return.

I like Painter too, but I'm not anywhere near turning my nose up at Miller.

For me specifically, it isn't about 'not wanting him', it's about me not being sure if he is a guy I would want to headline a Robert deal. He seems like a pretty light headliner.

Posted (edited)

For me, I just want in on multiple Phillies position prospects. They have Justin Crawford (#33), Aidan Miller (#39), and Starlyn Caba (#50). Other then the Mariners they are probably the team that matches up best for a Robert return. Multiple top 50 position guys with ALL of them being up the middle types. I'm just not quite sure how other teams value Robert at the moment.

But yea, if they are willing to lead with Painter I'm elated.

(All rankings are from the most recent BA Top 100, which is now updated monthly.)

Edited by DirtySox

4 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

For me, I just want in on multiple Phillies position prospects. They have Justin Crawford (#33), Aidan Miller (#39), and Starlyn Caba (#50). Other then the Mariners they are probably the team that matches up best for a Robert return. Multiple top 50 position guys with ALL of them being up the middle types. I'm just not quite sure how other teams value Robert at the moment.

But yea, if they are willing to lead with Painter I'm elated.

And the Phillies will probably have a much better idea how their system looks after the draft, and feel more comfortable letting pieces go, knowing they just drafted replacements for them. 

• Like 1

I would think Crochet keeping Ohtani hitless in the 5 ab's with 4 k's might make a GM take notice. Very small sample size but Garret has had success against one of the best hitters in MLB.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

For me specifically, it isn't about 'not wanting him', it's about me not being sure if he is a guy I would want to headline a Robert deal. He seems like a pretty light headliner.

Totally disagree. He’s a great headliner and probably the best one available. If I could get Miller, plus one of Crawford/Caba and two other pieces, that’s a pretty good deal. I’d probably take a gamble on Mick Abel too. They line up well. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Totally disagree. He’s a great headliner and probably the best one available. If I could get Miller, plus one of Crawford/Caba and two other pieces, that’s a pretty good deal. I’d probably take a gamble on Mick Abel too. They line up well. 

That should be doable; it leaves them their #1 guy and #3 or #4.  Just scout the heck out of their (and others) systems for the secondary pieces.
But Dombrowski really hasn't traded many prospects as GM of the Phillies, so we'll see.

But Getz needs to start moving.  The supply will increase in a week (especially with pitchers).  Robert and Crochet will probably still be atop the available players, but there will be a lot of others to choose from.  Toronto, Tampa, Washington, Detroit, Angels, Pitt, Cincy Texas (per this morning's article) won't go scorched earth, but will sell in varying degrees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Well, if you say so... Then I am in lol