Sox actively shopping Benintendi

First time I’ve seen this in the press:

“In addition, Nightengale has reported that the White Sox are actively shopping Andrew Benintendi and his outsized contract that still has nearly $50 million outstanding.“

16 minutes ago, hi8is said:

“In addition, Nightengale has reported that the White Sox are actively shopping Andrew Benintendi and his outsized contract that still has nearly $50 million outstanding.“

I put as much credence into that news as I do to WWBSF's letters to Reinsdorf to be the next GM.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I put as much credence into that news as I do to WWBSF's letters to Reinsdorf to be the next GM.

He’s been at it for decades… it’ll happen.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is there a bad contract we could swap him for?  I’d prefer cheering on a different, equally bad player if at all possible because even the best case with Andrew is probably just bad vs. epically bad.

Rendon

45 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is there a bad contract we could swap him for?  I’d prefer cheering on a different, equally bad player if at all possible because even the best case with Andrew is probably just bad vs. epically bad.

Stephen Strasburg. 

2 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I sure wish he would've gotten the gig.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

I'm actively trying to will a few million dollars into magically appearing in a my bank account, and I think that of all things has a higher probability of happening than someone taking that dead weight off their hands.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I'm actively trying to will a few million dollars into magically appearing in a my bank account, and I think that of all things has a higher probability of happening than someone taking that dead weight off their hands.

Yup.

• Like 2

I still can't believe Beni is really this bad.  He can't be this bad.  Even if he can be a 1-1.5 WAR player, the contract is fine.  I'd honestly rather just keep him thru 2025 than eat the $ for him to play elsewhere and bounceback to a decent player. 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 2

37 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I still can't believe Beni is really this bad.  He can't be this bad.  Even if he can be a 1-1.5 WAR player, the contract is fine.  I'd honestly rather just keep him thru 2025 than eat the $ for him to play elsewhere and bounceback to a decent player. 

I feel like the sox aren't equipped with the personnel or technology to help guys get out of severe slumps (or to prevent them from getting into them)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox are likes magnet for players who are always injured, can't sustain their best years into just good+ years or guys who fall off quickly and never find it again.

The whole history of the franchise is like that. They need rabbits foots, horseshoes, 4 leaf clovers, crystals ,burning incense to rid themselves of the bad juju that's plagued this team.

At this point I'd be bringing in anyone who claims they have a blessing and set them free to do their thing in the ballpark, ST complex ,the Front Office ,where ever that black cloud is hiding?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

19 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sox are likes magnet for players who are always injured, can't sustain their best years into just good+ years or guys who fall off quickly and never find it again.

The whole history of the franchise is like that. They need rabbits foots, horseshoes, 4 leaf clovers, crystals ,burning incense to rid themselves of the bad juju that's plagued this team.

At this point I'd be bringing in anyone who claims they have a blessing and set them free to do their thing in the ballpark, ST complex ,the Front Office ,where ever that black cloud is hiding?

Jobu

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm actively shopping my moldy 2nd refrigerator with a busted door.

You will probably have more luck than the Sox shifting Beni.