Sox actively shopping Benintendi

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Are there any SP on any teams with a similarly bad deal we can swap 1-for-1 with? I'd feel better about taking a gamble on a SP to plug into a 5th SP spot to eat some innings during some bad seasons than playing Benintendi.

Some awful contracts out there include Trevor Story, Patrick Corbin (though he is done at the end of 24), Javy Baez, Kris Bryant, and Anthony Rendon.

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Are there any SP on any teams with a similarly bad deal we can swap 1-for-1 with? I'd feel better about taking a gamble on a SP to plug into a 5th SP spot to eat some innings during some bad seasons than playing Benintendi.

Edit: Taijuan Walker and McCullers (granted, hasn't pitched since 2022, but opening up space on the 40-man every year could be a benefit haha) are a season short.

This. I am all for moving Beni in a bad $ for bad $ deal. Its obvious he isn't what this team needs, and they just need to let Colas and Fletcher play the OF the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Some awful contracts out there include Trevor Story, Patrick Corbin (though he is done at the end of 24), Javy Baez, Kris Bryant, and Anthony Rendon.

Those deals are all so, so much worse than Beni's. 

• Like 2