GMs skeptical teams meet price for Robert

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

So we fans are talking about him basically being unable to play consistently and we think GMs don't have the same concerns? Think of what you just wrote. You are pretty much conceding he'll never be healthy. If I'm a GM I pass unless I can get him for peanuts. Can you imagine we package Eloy and Robert in a "pray they can stay healthy" duo deal?

This sounds like the name of a WWE pay-per-view match. 

8 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Exactly! Just like Cease had more value after 2022 or July 2023. That’s the point. Win some, lose some. There’s no right or wrong here and it’s a roll of the dice either way but the odds of Robert’s value increasing from here are less than it decreasing imo. Clearly, you have a different opinion and that’s fine.

You've got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, and know when to run

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s still one of the best offensive CFs in the game despite that bad, but improving BB:K ratio (go take a look if you don’t believe me).  And how is his defense declining rapidly?  No doubt he’s not giving it his all.  Not sure why that’s alarming when this a team that’s on the brink of being the worst in MLB history.  We have seen what he’s capable of when the team is competing.  His effort has never been in question prior to this season and I am willing bet he turns it up a notch if traded to a contender.

If Robert "steps it up" for a better team, that just illustrates his lack of character and professionalism. Imagine being part of the top .0001% of earners while working 6 hours a day and openly moping.

• Like 1

Lmao. Wishing that Carl Everett was a teammate of Robert's has to be one of the hottest and hilarious takes out there. It just makes no sense, compounded with the fact that Everett is an absolute psycho. Maybe the poster wants Everett to hold Robert at gunpoint to scare him straight. 

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Thanks for speaking for him. I'm sure he appreciates it. 

I can speak for myself and so can he. Go fly a kite. ?

43 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Lmao. Wishing that Carl Everett was a teammate of Robert's has to be one of the hottest and hilarious takes out there. It just makes no sense, compounded with the fact that Everett is an absolute psycho. Maybe the poster wants Everett to hold Robert at gunpoint to scare him straight. 

One of the weirdest tropes in sports is that somehow the biggest assholes of all are misunderstood guys who just care too much.  Most of them are just unlikeable dicks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

One of the weirdest tropes in sports is that somehow the biggest assholes of all are misunderstood guys who just care too much.  Most of them are just unlikeable dicks.

Paul O'Neil comes to mind immediately.

Jeter.

47 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Couldn't hurt.  Might help.  MVP skills and the body language of a tired old hound dog.

4 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Couldn't hurt.  Might help.  MVP skills and the body language of a tired old hound dog.

I think purposely pairing up a player with a psychopath actually could hurt. 

If Robert "steps it up" for a better team, that just illustrates his lack of character and professionalism. Imagine being part of the top .0001% of earners while working 6 hours a day and openly moping.

Lynn? Cease? Kelly? Reynaldo?  Graveman? Middleton?

All unprofessional based on results after Chicago?

Or maybe this is the worst run clubhouse in sports?

What about Eloy Moncada Grandal and Grandal? TA7?

Really?

Only Abreu and Hendriks and Gio true professionals?  Burger?  That's it?

One of the best offensive CF's is a pretty bad metric when you're a notably bad CF. In reality, Robert is an immensely talented player who doesn't play a lot, strikes out a ton, should be playing RF, actively mopes and alienates himself from his teammates by sitting in the corner of the dugout and pouting. He's a an oft injured baby. 

Wait a second, aren’t you the same poster that always defends and still feels sorry for Tim Anderson?  He was the clown prince of all these things that annoy you, yet you still defend Anderson anytime he is brought up.

Who knows?  Maybe Carl Everett could have also gotten Tim Anderson to focus on his baseball game, rather than honing his no pullout game on Instagram whores?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, T R U said:

People are going to be really stunned with how long this thing is going to take.

There is no chance they extend Crochet, none. Already tried and apparently failed to get anywhere (what a shock).

This will be 5 years minimum, book it.

SUCCESSFUL rebuilds don't last 5 years.  Anything more than 3 years becomes baseball hell, which is ths Pittsburgh Pirates for last 30 years.  

The Sox have enough minor league talent with this current reset, that if the owner finally get his head out his ass and spends in free agency,  the contending window re-opens in 2026/2027.

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Wait a second, aren’t you the same poster that always defends and still feels sorry for Tim Anderson?  He was the clown prince of all these things that annoy you, yet you still defend Anderson anytime he is brought up.

Who knows?  Maybe Carl Everett could have also gotten Tim Anderson to focus on his baseball game, rather than honing his no pullout game on Instagram whores?

A lack of effort was never Anderson's problem and couldn't give a s%*# about Anderson's personal life. 

I had no problem with Robert up until this year. He always trained like an idiot, much like Kopech and Moncada, but that didn't really bother me. My problem with him this year is the lack of effort, not carrying himself like pro despite being a veteran and moping in the dugout. I think fans are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think he's going to bring a monumental return. He's hurt all the time, his production hasn't always matched the hype and he displayed character issues.

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Lynn? Cease? Kelly? Reynaldo?  Graveman? Middleton?

All unprofessional based on results after Chicago?

Or maybe this is the worst run clubhouse in sports?

What about Eloy Moncada Grandal and Grandal? TA7?

Really?

Only Abreu and Hendriks and Gio true professionals?  Burger?  That's it?

Cease was great with the Sox. Lopez had turned it around with the Sox before the trade and was never as bad as Sox fans thought. Lynn still sucks and the others are middle relievers whose results are always volatile. Not a great post from you.

7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I never said Everett was misunderstood. Obviously he was always an asshole. He did hold his teammates accountable though. Carlton Fisk, massive asshole who held people accountable. AJ, even bigger asshole who held people accountable. You can insert all kinds of people in that role.

6 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

SUCCESSFUL rebuilds don't last 5 years.  Anything more than 3 years becomes baseball hell, which is ths Pittsburgh Pirates for last 30 years.  

The Sox have enough minor league talent with this current reset, that if the owner finally get his head out his ass and spends in free agency,  the contending window re-opens in 2026/2027.

The problem is the owner is not all of the sudden going to get his head out of his ass.

So 2025 will be the same as 2024, 2026 should see some growth and if were lucky they are competitive again in 2027.

This is going to take a lot of these young guys working out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

2 seasons is a lifetime and some of are treating it like nothing. He's a long way off from $30M a year. It was just 6 months ago that most thought he had a high chance of being injured and thought if he was going to start in would be in the minors.

Yes he has upped his value tremendously but he's not even at the point where he can pitch a full season yet.

You're putting the cart way before the horse here.

Plenty of talented player's bet on themselves eyeing a big payday and then hit regression and injury . Recently Conforto went through it. Didn't he turn down a big extension ? He hasn't come close to what he was offered that he turned down.

For years Rodon couldn't fulfill his promise. Then boom one good seasons the the Sox where he wore down at the end. The Sox didn't even give him a QO . He had to prove it all over the next year with the Giants 2 years $44M .He managed to stay healthy again , opted out and got his big contract and got hurt again.

Rodon had to be non tendered because of his injuries and was a free agent 3 times in 3 years. He was very fortunate his best 2 years were his $3M 2021 with the Sox and his next year with the Giants.

Crochet still has his Arb 2 and Arb 3 years to go before he reaches Free Agency. I'd be willing to bet anyone he doesn't make $30M in 2027. He be really lucky to stay healthy enough to get a shot to make $20M in 2027.

I don't know if the Sox made him a real extension offer but   if they did it was on the conservative side and rightly so.

Just because he's been miraculous this season doesn't mean he can pull off the same miracle 3 years in a row. He has the talent but will his arm hold up ? It's hard to navigate uncharted waters.

Dude Lance Lynn is 37 years old and was absolutely terrible last season and he got $11 million per year. Giolito was not good last year, he got $19 million per year. You are out of touch with reality if you don't think Crochet would command $20 million RIGHT NOW if he entered free agency this off-season, never mind what hes going to cost in 2 seasons if he has established himself as an ace starting pitcher.

Cease was great with the Sox. Lopez had turned it around with the Sox before the trade and was never as bad as Sox fans thought. Lynn still sucks and the others are middle relievers whose results are always volatile. Not a great post from you.

4-4 with a 4.48 ERA from Lynn is much better than 2023 with the Sox.

Cease was very much NOT good last season.

Graveman and Kelly were expensive, high leverage relievers.  Hardly the anonymous guys of this season.  Bummer, also much much better, for example.

There are many more that improve when departing the White Sox than other way around.

Think of Pollock, Kimbrel and Benintendi.

Giolito’s one of the few that left and got worse, then hurt.

12 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Stop moping

10 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

sitting in the corner of the dugout and pouting.

openly moping.

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

moping in the dugout.

Is he actually moping or is it just part of an introverted personality?

To be clear, I’m not actually asking you. It’s a rhetorical question.

Why? Because there’s no way for you to know that answer.

• Like 1

They work a heck of a lot more than 6 hours a day. It's a really hard life especially with travel. Spending 6 months only being at home for no more than a week at home at a time destroys families. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

They don't and he won't. 

11 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

These are all crimes committed after he retired. I'm not sure how that's relevant to his baseball career and holding his teammates accountable. Super weird gotcha. Including moon landing conspiracies with spousal abuse is even weirder. Homophobia amongst the sports community is still so rampant I'm not even sure why you would bring it up. Overall, a post that's equally weird as it is irrelevant.

If we want to go super meathead, we could just insert AJ for Everett and my point would stand. Nobody has ever held Robert accountable for his bullshit.

Much like Carl Everett, I don't believe your defense of him is valid ?

Just now, Quin said:

Much like Carl Everett, I don't believe your defense of him is valid ?

Especially since we supposedly brought a couple of these washed up clowns and unlikeable assholes in because of "leadership" and "accountability"