GMs skeptical teams meet price for Robert

10 hours ago, ron883 said:

Lmao. Wishing that Carl Everett was a teammate of Robert's has to be one of the hottest and hilarious takes out there.

Not surprising considering the source. 

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Paul O'Neil comes to mind immediately.

Jeter.

Paul O’Neil at least hit a home run and a triple for a kid in the hospital. But the triple was just as good as a second home run. 

Unconfirmed, may have caught a ball in his hat the next game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Not surprising considering the source. 

It's kind of odd that most of the posters here spend all day shitting on everything White Sox related, from players to coaches to people in the front office to people in administrative roles to vendors. I'm critical of one player and I'm the pariah. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

4-4 with a 4.48 ERA from Lynn is much better than 2023 with the Sox.

Cease was very much NOT good last season.

Graveman and Kelly were expensive, high leverage relievers.  Hardly the anonymous guys of this season.  Bummer, also much much better, for example.

There are many more that improve when departing the White Sox than other way around.

Think of Pollock, Kimbrel and Benintendi.

Giolito’s one of the few that left and got worse, then hurt.

These are just a list of terrible examples. Lance Lynn sucks and even in Cease's one not so great season, he was still very good for us.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

He's played 130 games one time in 4 full seasons.  Has not even played 100 games the other 3 seasons (including this year where he almost certainly won't).

And lol at $20m per WAR in free agency.  

This is overrated when it comes to certain players.  Sure didn't stop Aaron Judge or Gio Stanton from betting paid.

11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

It's kind of odd that most of the posters here spend all day shitting on everything White Sox related, from players to coaches to people in the front office to people in administrative roles to vendors. I'm critical of one player and I'm the pariah. 

Please tell me you aren't going to go to pieces because people argued with you over a hot take?

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Please tell me you aren't going to go to pieces because people argued with you over a hot take?

I don't give a s%*#. Just calling out hypocrisy. I'm not one of these suburbanite goofs that's going to cry about it.

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

I don't give a s%*#. Just calling out hypocrisy. I'm not one of these suburbanite goofs that's going to cry about it.

I mean just don't be that guy.  I get yelled at all day long, and I am not going to cry about being a victim of getting what I give... unlike some.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean just don't that guy.  I get yelled at all day long, and I am not going to cry about being a victim of getting what I give... unlike some.

When the call outs are as bad as Caufield's, it's not gonna hurt my feelings. I mean, Lance Lynn? 

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

OK, then we're officially the Pittsburgh Pirates and there is no point to following this team until Reinsdsorf sells or dies. 

I am not going to say you are wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

OK, then we're officially the Pittsburgh Pirates and there is no point to following this team until Reinsdsorf sells or dies. 

A lot of posters around here need to come to terms with this.

• Like 1

Pretty much. 

Hell, I follow the minor league affiliates more (really the past few years) than the major league team anyways. 

• Like 1

There is a lot of truth to this since we know real change won't come until ownership does. 

11 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

SUCCESSFUL rebuilds don't last 5 years.  Anything more than 3 years becomes baseball hell, which is ths Pittsburgh Pirates for last 30 years.  

The Sox have enough minor league talent with this current reset, that if the owner finally get his head out his ass and spends in free agency,  the contending window re-opens in 2026/2027.

I agree and he spent in free agency last time. 
JR’s problem is that he is overly loyal to non-performers. 

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

If Jerry Reinsdorf of Chris Getz were posting here, they wouldn't even notice us. 

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

We're not. JR does spend, Hahn just spent unwisely in the recent past. Fangraphs has the White Sox with a top ten farm system, and we're only going to add to it this draft, TDL and off-season. 

There's a group here who gets their jollies ganging up on anybody positive, and shouts nonsense at them. The White Sox are drafting well, we are developing hitters and pitchers, and JR will spend when we have a reason to. No, we won't be grabbing the top player on the market for 10/$400m, but we'll see if Chris Getz is any better at FA evaluation when the time comes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Welcome to the other side! We'll send your membership card in the mail. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

We're not. JR does spend, Hahn just spent unwisely in the recent past. Fangraphs has the White Sox with a top ten farm system, and we're only going to add to it this draft, TDL and off-season. 

There's a group here who gets their jollies ganging up on anybody positive, and shouts nonsense at them. The White Sox are drafting well, we are developing hitters and pitchers, and JR will spend when we have a reason to. No, we won't be grabbing the top player on the market for 10/$400m, but we'll see if Chris Getz is any better at FA evaluation when the time comes. 

The hitters the White Sox drafted and developed on the roster today are Danny Mendick, Gavin Sheets, and Andrew Vaughn.  If that is doing well, it explains a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The hitters the White Sox drafted and developed on the roster today are Danny Mendick, Gavin Sheets, and Andrew Vaughn.  If that is doing well, it explains a lot.

Lol his bar for “development successes” is guys just playing in the majors. Pretty fucking low bar.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's a good thing they fired the GM and VP who were in charge the last 15 years, then. 

6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It's a good thing they fired the GM and VP who were in charge the last 15 years, then. 

It is impressive to simultaneously take credit for something while disavowing it.

• Like 1