7/8 Sox vs Twins, time for Flexual Healing

19 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I'm calling a 46-116 season, not even 'good' enough to be the worst ever, somehow.

And Pedro Grifol will still be employed.

KC 56-106 but totally different vibes around that franchise.  Probably as they avoided disaster with Grifol and Gene Watson and their contracts guy.

Posted (edited)

Another bad loss. Another embarrassing announcer moment. He did the growl after Robert's catch in CF. Sad the Sox have a bush league announcer when I'm sure there are tons of classy able announcers doing minor league games who could come up. Poor Stoney has to be lumped in with that play by play guy. The growl is not good,

Minnie loves piling up wins vs the White Sox. Helps them stay in contention every year.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

There isn't really a single arm in the bullpen, who is consistently getting the job done. I loathe everything about Grifol, but honestly....there is no right choice to be made once the starter is out.

Allegedly Leasure was pretty good and teams actually valued a trade with the Sox for him. I dunno about that now. He seems as bad as any pitcher in the league to me.

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

Does Getz feel any shame at all? This team is this bad with decent starting pitching. It truly is unbelievable how bad they are.

When you use Bleacher Report rankings to pat yourself on the back….we know the answer to this.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Garfien just said the Sox are like 15-16 against the Twins over the past two seasons.

He also said the Sox are 0-49 when down in the 7th inning.  I guess Pedro’s boys do in fact quit.

That's wild to think about being nearly .500 vs them!

The refusal to fire Grifol really just send a message to the the fans and the team that they just don’t care. 
The idea that “it’s not Grifol’s fault that the team is bad” just doesn’t get it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The refusal to fire Grifol really just send a message to the the fans and the team that they just don’t care. 
The idea that “it’s not Grifol’s fault that the team is bad” just doesn’t get it. 

Getz needs someone to fire when season is over to take the heat off of him

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Another routine extra inning loss. You really have to try extremely hard to be this bad at it. Law of averages says you outta win one every once in a while 

Bad bullpen, bad at bats/ lack of clutch hitting, power outages (could have used Jake Burger this season). Bad execution, bad manager….Sox team is bad.

At the risk of offending a certain individual

This group is a bunch of clowns and buffoons.

18th time this season the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later...and wound up losing the game.

Third consecutive game this has happened:

Saturday: 7th inning

Sunday: 9th inning

Monday: 7th inning

The Sox are now 0-8 vs. Minnesota this year with five game remaining.

Serious question, have the Sox ever gone winless for a year against an individual team????? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Bad bullpen, bad at bats/ lack of clutch hitting, power outages (could have used Jake Burger this season). Bad execution, bad manager….Sox team is bad.

Lenyn Sosas OPS is 65 points higher than Jake Burgers.

• Fire 2

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Getz needs someone to fire when season is over to take the heat off of him

Well, one could reasonably ask Getzwhy in the world they waited to the end of the season to fire the obvious incompetent.

I’ve believed all along that they’re not gonna fire him until season’s end.  But my fear is that they actually don’t think he is an idiot and that they move him upstairs. 
He’s just tanking this team. Wrong decision after wrong decision. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Well, one could reasonably ask Getzwhy in the world they waited to the end of the season to fire the obvious incompetent.

I’ve believed all along that they’re not gonna fire him until season’s end.  But my fear is that they actually don’t think he is an idiot and that they move him upstairs. 
He’s just tanking this team. Wrong decision after wrong decision. 

Nah, they are just waiting to maximize the impact because they truly think Sox fans are that stupid.  Grifol’s firing will be this season’s version of the Kenny and Hahn terminations from the end of last season.  At the same time, they are probably hoping for a new strand of Covid to break out so they can cancel SoxFest.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Another bad loss. Another embarrassing announcer moment. He did the growl after Robert's catch in CF. Sad the Sox have a bush league announcer when I'm sure there are tons of classy able announcers doing minor league games who could come up. Poor Stoney has to be lumped in with that play by play guy. The growl is not good,

Minnie loves piling up wins vs the White Sox. Helps them stay in contention every year.

I'm sorry, do you not enjoy the rawr?

6 hours ago, hankchifan said:

I get it, the team is bad but you left out the root cause of all of this and that is we have a despicable owner that is beyond bad.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

At the risk of offending a certain individual

This group is a bunch of clowns and buffoons.

18th time this season the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later...and wound up losing the game.

Third consecutive game this has happened:

Saturday: 7th inning

Sunday: 9th inning

Monday: 7th inning

The Sox are now 0-8 vs. Minnesota this year with five game remaining.

Serious question, have the Sox ever gone winless for a year against an individual team????? 

I did a little homework and looked up some of their worst seasons which occurred in the 30s and 40s and and never found a season where the Sox lost every game against an opponent, remember though back in the day they played 22 games against each opponent which made it very difficult to lose all 22 games to an opponent. In modern day baseball I’m sure that there have been many times when  teams swept a season series against an opponent but you are looking at as little as 6 games so that not that is not that big of a deal.
On Quora I found out that no team has ever swept a season series against another team in the days of 8 team leagues.  
These teams came the closest with 21-1:

1909 Cubs vs Braves 
1927 Yankees vs Browns
1937 Pirates vs Reds
1945 Cubs vs Reds

These teams have had perfect records in modern day baseball.

1993 Braves vs Rockies     13-0     

These teams went 12-0

1988 Royals vs Orioles          
1996 Indians vs Tigers    
1970 Orioles vs Royals   
1999 Rangers vs Twins    
1990 A’s vs Yankees    
1994 Expos vs Padres       
1978 Orioles vs A’s     11-0    
1988 Yankees vs Royals  10-0

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I did a little homework and looked up some of their worst seasons which occurred in the 30s and 40s and and never found a season where the Sox lost every game against an opponent, remember though back in the day they played 22 games against each opponent which made it very difficult to lose all 22 games to an opponent. In modern day baseball I’m sure the there have been many times when  teams swept a season series against an opponent but you are looking at as little as 6 games so that not that is not that big of a deal.
On Quora I found out that no team has ever swept a season series against another team in the days of 8 team leagues.  
These teams came the closest with 21-1:

1909 Cubs vs Braves 
1927 Yankees vs Browns
1937 Pirates vs Reds
1945 Cubs vs Reds

My friend I believe that there is a “chasing records” thread that this belongs in!

All the Sox starters have to deal with it, but Flexen has been screwed over by our bullpen far and away more than any other starter. 

And it never seems to take very long, like last night for example. He leaves with a 5 to 2 lead, and before the bullpen can even get two outs, it's a tied game, and before the inning is over, Sox are down. 

When Flexen left, Stoney said it, something like, "Flexen got 18 outs and hands over a 3 run lead. All this bullpen has to do is get 9 more outs."

The Sox bullpen couldn't even get TWO more outs and keep the lead. Just incredible how terrible this bullpen is. Seriously, it's hard to believe that the guys down in single A could be worse. 

10 hours ago, wegner said:

Shhhh....trying to trade the guy man....don't you know scouts lurk on Soxtalk?

There is way more truth to this than you realize. 

• Like 1