Schriffen’s “La Pantera RAWR!” Call

5 hours ago, hi8is said:

I think it’s more so that us fans just want him to call the game without making cringe worthy animal noises and acting like a complete dumbass frat boy clown.

SOUTHSIDE STAAAAAAND UP!!!!!

RAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRR

Exactly except I was in a frat and I resemble that statement. Frats that don't haze can be good IMO.

His bosses should step in and say, 'Sorry but we didn't hire you to growl. Normally we wouldn't interfere but we simply ask you be professional. Please remove the growl from your repertoire. Thank you.'

I hate to be this way but I also dislike Southside Stand Up. It's just not good broadcasting IMO.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Highland said:

His "stand up southside" is dumb because he knows nothing about the south side.

Agreed. As a former resident of 103rd and Homan me no likey him referencing my southside. Has he ridden his bike from 103rd to 115th for Little League? No.

Edited by greg775

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Agreed. As a former resident of 103rd and Homan me no likey him referencing my southside. Has he ridden his bike from 103rd to 115th for Little League? No.

Greg

This is nonsense. Why does he need to ride a damn bike or know Southside of Chicago inside and out?

When he says "Southside standup" he is referring to fans that cheer for white sox.

Some of you take everything literally. 

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Does it really count if this was the 1950s and you have been gone longer than he has been alive?

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Greg

This is nonsense. Why does he need to ride a damn bike or know Southside of Chicago inside and out?

When he says "Southside standup" he is referring to fans that cheer for white sox.

Some of you take everything literally. 

I'm not as mad at the southside chant as the growl. I just feel the southside is a place u have to have lived to own it. I'd rather someone else speak for southsiders.

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Does it really count if this was the 1950s and you have been gone longer than he has been alive?

Where is he from? I should be more neighborly. I just don't like the stand up southsider yell. I prefer more intellectual stuff, baseball stuff from the likes of Harry, Hawk, Stoney, Brickhouse, Pettit, Elstun, Farmer, DJ even Kaspar whose voice is kinda harsh. I respect Kaspar though.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Where is he from? I should be more neighborly. I just don't like the stand up southsider yell. I prefer more intellectual stuff, baseball stuff from the likes of Harry, Hawk, Stoney, Brickhouse, Pettit, Elstun, Farmer, DJ even Kaspar whose voice is kinda harsh. I respect Kaspar though.

Intellectual stuff from Harry and Hawk?  Wat?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Intellectual stuff from Harry and Hawk?  Wat?

You don't think they are baseball geniuses?? They don't need analytics to know ball. They are encyclopedias baby.

I was watching the Tiger's game yesterday before flipping over to the Sox game. What a huge step backwards the Sox have taken in the booth. Schriffen is awful. I hope he gets better but I think I will choose the opposing broadcast more often than not for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you watch interviews with him, he 100% admits that "Hawk" is a made up TV persona.

The persona may have been an act but I think his passion for baseball and the White Sox was real.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Exactly except I was in a frat and I resemble that statement. Frats that don't haze can be good IMO.

His bosses should step in and say, 'Sorry but we didn't hire you to growl. Normally we wouldn't interfere but we simply ask you be professional. Please remove the growl from your repertoire. Thank you.'

I hate to be this way but I also dislike Southside Stand Up. It's just not good broadcasting IMO.

He must have gotten that stand up crap at an Atlanta Falcons game. They shout that constantly at their games. It’s annoying as……. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

You don't think they are baseball geniuses?? They don't need analytics to know ball. They are encyclopedias baby.

Yea man that encyclopedia sure proved his mettle when they made him GM

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Thanks assholes, he stopped the RAWR. 

I hate to be such a nitpicky idiot of a fan. I'm not calling for his firing and I commend his getting such a good job at a young age. I just think screaming La Pantera and doing the Tony the Tiger growl is too much and sort of embarrassing and not worthy of an MLB broadcast. 

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:59 PM, greg775 said:

I'm not as mad at the southside chant as the growl. I just feel the southside is a place u have to have lived to own it. I'd rather someone else speak for southsiders.

Greg I like anyone that doesnt s%*# on the southside. You and Lip need to meet up at the St Catherine smoker.  AJ and Hawk were awesome there.  Small room of hardcore sports fans. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:30 PM, supernuke said:

I was watching the Tiger's game yesterday before flipping over to the Sox game. What a huge step backwards the Sox have taken in the booth. Schriffen is awful. I hope he gets better but I think I will choose the opposing broadcast more often than not for the rest of the year.

Maybe he gets better if he starts to know the game.  The footprint of stupidity was pronouncing Veeck's name wrong. It's a first in my world.

• Like 2