Kopech hires Boras

On 7/9/2024 at 9:55 AM, PaleAleSox said:

Good luck, man. He must really hate spring training. 

You have to wonder if players eventually see him as bad for baseball.  I get it they want the most money possible.  Then you have players crying collusion in a sport that seems to be dwindling in popularity.    That exists more in the world of sports. 

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

You have to wonder if players eventually see him as bad for baseball.  I get it they want the most money possible.  Then you have players crying collusion in a sport that seems to be dwindling in popularity.    That exists more in the world of sports. 

Baseball attendance seems to be pretty good though overall.

And given the way the free agent market played out over the last few years I can definitely see some collusion in play. How many times have the owners been fined for this before?

I can absolutely see this as an issue in 2026 when the labor deal is up. Some folks are already saying that season will be disrupted. 

1 minute ago, superchops70 said:

Man, Bernstein and Holmes were just absolutely destroying Kopech today on their show over his postgame comments about being reticent to throw anything other than fastballs. 

As well they should.  This isn't like he has had a bad couple of outings.  Dude has been failing for years now.  It blows me away that a guy on the brink of free agency would be this uncoachable when he has had so little sustained success with his insane level of potential.

• Like 1