Moncada might play again. Nobody cares

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Moncada is owed $8m for the last 2 months of the season. Crochet, ~$800k, ÷ 3 = $266k. (8m + 266k) ÷ 2 = 4.133

Think he's also owed $5 mill for next season.
someone will take a shot with Moncada, even if he's still in rehab; Sox will probably have to pay at least 2/3.

Just now, GreenSox said:

Think he's also owed $5 mill for next season.
someone will take a shot with Moncada, even if he's still in rehab; Sox will probably have to pay at least 2/3.

I accounted for the buyout in the original post. 

I'm sure there's a way for Getz to make another team taking a flier on Yoan palatable for both the trading team, and Reinsdorf. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm sure there's a way for Getz to make another team taking a flier on Yoan palatable for both the trading team, and Reinsdorf. 

Probably is, but it really doesn't matter.  Unlike Benitendi, he's gone after this season.  

22 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yeah, the acquiring team takes on all of the money.  ?

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

On 7/11/2024 at 4:38 PM, WestEddy said:

It's two months of PAs for somebody. Baldwin, maybe. 

Ya, I agree. I see little point in keeping Moncada around for 2 more months. Baldwin, Ramos, Difo, et al. can all come up.

Edited by oldsox

Moncada can be bought out for $5 million after the 2024 season, adios.

I believe Eloy is $3 million to buy out, adios

Stuck with Benny and after this season another $49.3 million until the end of 2027.

Between the 3 the Sox are getting no production 

Edited by Falstaff

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Ya, I agree. I see little point in keeping Moncada around for 2 more months. Baldwin, Ramos, Difo, et al. can all come up.

Difo? Gross. Just let Moncada play. 

Will be plenty of at bats for a guy like Baldwin once DeJong and Lopez are moved, even if Moncada is playing 3B most days. 

• Kyyle23 changed the title to Moncada might play again. Nobody cares
1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Sorry had to change the title of this thread for accuracy 

We were told by a poster who knows way more than us, the reason the Sox suck so bad was they had 3 guys who always get hurt, get hurt all together and early. 2 have come back and the Sox continue to lose at a record clip. So it figures we should be excited about Moncadas return. He is obviously the key piece to this team. They will start winning if he is healthy, like you’ve never seen before. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

We were told by a poster who knows way more than us, the reason the Sox suck so bad was they had 3 guys who always get hurt, get hurt all together and early. 2 have come back and the Sox continue to lose at a record clip. So it figures we should be excited about Moncadas return. He is obviously the key piece to this team. They will start winning if he is healthy, like you’ve never seen before. 

Lemme stop ya right there

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Difo? Gross. Just let Moncada play. 

Will be plenty of at bats for a guy like Baldwin once DeJong and Lopez are moved, even if Moncada is playing 3B most days. 

That's a big IF

On 7/9/2024 at 10:38 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You don't actually know if those 3 are going to be in the same lineup ever again at this point.

They are all playing video games and smoking dope in ILoy's mancave

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2024 at 12:39 PM, Greg Hibbard said:

You're right. That would be a steep price to pay on a flyer. 

I don't get this in all honesty, he's a total bust, has never demonstrated any ability that a team would take a 'flier' on -- not to single out this post, just mean in-general, the guy sucks, he's the worst of the three and no one will have interest in him, no one ... hope he's saved some money because he's hangin' with Cespedes soon.