7/10 Campfire Milkshakes vs. Twinkies Straight DH 1:10PM CT

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

The mediocrity that some of the Getz supporters cling to as signs of success is illustrated to me so many of the problems in this organization (except Harold, he’s not afraid to admit someone stinks).

The ironic thing is that Nardi doesn’t have to look any further than the guy on the mound for the Sox for yet another example of a pitcher who may not be ready.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

The mediocrity that some of the Getz supporters cling to as signs of success is illustrated to me so many of the problems in this organization (except Harold, he’s not afraid to admit someone stinks).

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The ironic thing is that Nardi doesn’t have to look any further than the guy on the mound for the Sox for yet another example.

Go through my post history.  I have said most of the guys on the team suck.  

I haven't even made any statements about Eder except about a month ago I said he was lining up to debut in the majors within the next year and some of the usual suspects acted like I was making outlandish assumptions.  The guy is the 27th man today and will probably go to AAA next...  A normal response from WS2023 and TRU would be, "Yeah, he's probably up sooner rather than later."  Not trying to argue they are still correct. 

You can think the team is bad and still live in reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I haven't even made any statements about Eder except about a month ago I said he was lining up to debut in the majors within the next year and some of the usual suspects acted like I was making outlandish assumptions.  The guy is the 27th man today and will probably go to AAA next...  A normal response from WS2023 and TRU would be, "Yeah, he's probably up sooner rather than later."  Not trying to argue they are still correct. 

Didn’t know the context you had used in your argument, thanks for explaining.  I agree he will get some innings next year.

• Like 1

With a better bullpen, the Sox are going for the 5th win in a row. I’ve been told that’s the easiest thing to fix in an offseason so that’s gotta be encouraging no? This starting rotation is legit good right now after the promotions of Cannon and Thorpe. Without a trade, there’s no room for Clevinger even unless they want to demote Flexen who’s been pitching fairly well recently also.

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s been solid repeating AA as a 25 year old.  I must have missed stuff, but his prospect status has to be dropping.

Don't worry Chris will have him DFAd in no time.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Don't worry Chris will have him DFAd in no time.

I don’t think these guys are bad, just not necessarily ready.  I realize it’s a unique situation cuz of the double header but Eder gets the call after a 9.00 ERA with 5 homers surrendered in his last 3 starts.

Getz gonna Getz.

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

With a better bullpen, the Sox are going for the 5th win in a row. I’ve been told that’s the easiest thing to fix in an offseason so that’s gotta be encouraging no? This starting rotation is legit good right now after the promotions of Cannon and Thorpe. Without a trade, there’s no room for Clevinger even unless they want to demote Flexen who’s been pitching fairly well recently also.

Its amazing they are as bad as they are with the starting pitching they have gotten. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The ironic thing is that Nardi doesn’t have to look any further than the guy on the mound for the Sox for yet another example of a pitcher who may not be ready.

It's weird how you never argue with the admins who scream that we should bring up all of our minor leaguers and let them "learn" at the major league level. It's almost like you don't really believe what you're posting. 

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t think these guys are bad, just not necessarily ready.  I realize it’s a unique situation cuz of the double header but Eder gets the call after a 9.00 ERA with 5 homers surrendered in his last 3 starts.

Getz gonna Getz.

This is just a one day move.  He's probably the one guy who lines up and is on the 40.  It's nothing.

8 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I fully expected to see Eder at some point this season however I wouldn't be thumping my chest about him being the 27th mop up man on a double header day when he hasn't been performing all that well in the minors. That's all I was saying.

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

It's weird how you never argue with the admins who scream that we should bring up all of our minor leaguers and let them "learn" at the major league level. It's almost like you don't really believe what you're posting. 

It's weird how mad you get that people dare to disagree with you.  WHY YOU NO ARGUE WITH MAN WHO NO AGREE WITH ME?@?@?@?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

You're dealing with people who are like a 2-year-old who just learned the power of the word "no". You can say that Garret Crochet has been selected to the All-Star team, and they'll find something to argue against that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's weird how mad you get that people dare to disagree with you.  WHY YOU NO ARGUE WITH MAN WHO NO AGREE WITH ME?@?@?@?

Who says I'm angry?