7/10 Campfire Milkshakes vs. Twinkies Straight DH 1:10PM CT

14 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

You're dealing with people who are like a 2-year-old who just learned the power of the word "no". You can say that Garret Crochet has been selected to the All-Star team, and they'll find something to argue against that. 

No one would argue Crochet being undeserving of the All-Star team, but nice hyperbole.

Aren’t you the same poster that was touting the great development of Sheets and was also slotting in Julks as a starting corner outfielder next year because of a couple hot streaks just a few weeks ago?

Maybe the Sox can also reacquire one of their most amazing developed players — Seby Zavala.   The Mariners have DFA him twice in the past few weeks and he accepted both outrights to the minors because he is such a valuable and desirable player.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

It’s outings like this (well, lesser outings) that give Kopech value. That glimmer of hope that he can be dominant consistently with the right coaching, mentoring, counseling, etc., is basically the extent of his trade value.

• Like 1

I wonder if Kopech was doing his own thing and finally started to listen to folks.

The pitching side of the docket sans the fellas that seat in the White Sox bullpen in this organization seems to be professionally run.

Getz has some nice wins to hang his hat on....the minors have improved, organizational pitching is amazing, Fedde, Crochet...there is plenty of bad as well I know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JoeC said:

It’s outings like this (well, lesser outings) that give Kopech value. That glimmer of hope that he can be dominant consistently with the right coaching, mentoring, counseling, etc., is basically the extent of his trade value.

The stuff is top of baseball good.  It's everything else that needs to get figured out.

47 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s been solid repeating AA as a 25 year old.  I must have missed stuff, but his prospect status has to be dropping.

Recently was hearing something about Bannister coming to see him and taught him a pitch.i think it was a curve and Eder was raving about him. So he may have a fairly new pitch in his arsenal if he's using it already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The stuff is top of baseball good.  It's everything else that needs to get figured out.

Yep. That describes way too many pitchers who haven’t made it as far as he has.

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

No one would argue Crochet being undeserving of the All-Star team, but nice hyperbole.

Aren’t you the same poster that was touting the great development of Sheets and was also slotting in Julks as a starting corner outfielder next year because of a couple hot streaks just a few weeks ago?

Maybe the Sox can also reacquire one of their most amazing developed players — Seby Zavala.   The Mariners have DFA him twice in the past few weeks and he accepted both outrights to the minors because he is such a valuable and desirable player.

I'm not sure what me saying that Sheets is a lefty bench bat that has value, I would pencil Julks into next year's lineup, or that Zavala is an example of the Sox developing the defensive part of a catcher's game has anything to do with this. 

You've been braying all day about how stupid Getz is for bringing up players that aren't ready, yet you never disagree with the admins who scream for all minor leaguers to be brought up to "learn" at the major league level. Why is that? 

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

Yep. That describes way too many pitchers who haven’t made it as far as he has.

The one that gets me is the slider has disappeared.  I wonder if he gave it up because of injuries or what.

10 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm not sure what me saying that Sheets is a lefty bench bat that has value, I would pencil Julks into next year's lineup, or that Zavala is an example of the Sox developing the defensive part of a catcher's game has anything to do with this. 

You've been braying all day about how stupid Getz is for bringing up players that aren't ready, yet you never disagree with the admins who scream for all minor leaguers to be brought up to "learn" at the major league level. Why is that? 

I don’t agree with simply calling up everyone.  Getz did it with Ramos and obviously he wasn’t ready.  At some point it will have to happen though.  There is zero point in continuing to play Mendick for example.

But my point was that you try to polish every turd that Getz serves up to us as having some redeeming quality, when that is rarely the case.  Sheets has little to no value and Julks is a fourth outfielder at best.  No one even wants Zavala.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t agree with simply calling up everyone.  Getz did it with Ramos and obviously he wasn’t ready.  At some point it will have to happen though.  There is zero point in continuing to play Mendick for example.

But my point was that you try to polish every turd that Getz serves up to us as having some redeeming quality, when that is rarely the case.  Sheets has little to no value and Julks is a fourth outfielder at best.

Cut the poor guy a break.  Someone disagreed with him on the internet and he can't get over it.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

Has anyone seen a report of when the last time and who pitched an immaculate inning for Sox?

35 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

that was unexpected

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But my point was that you try to polish every turd that Getz serves up to us as having some redeeming quality, when that is rarely the case.  Sheets has little to no value and Julks is a fourth outfielder at best.

Ramos was the only infielder left on the 40-man when they needed an infielder on the big club. He held his own for a week or so, then the league adjusted to him. I see no harm in giving a guy on the 40-man the cup of coffee so he understands the speed of the pro game as he progresses at AAA. The move wasn't a "turd". If Mendick is gone, who replaces him? Somebody who isn't ready? Do they trade for a utility infielder so they have someone who is ready?

Most of the stuff you go on and on about for a day isn't anything that needs to be defended. Bringing up a 27th man, a 5th OF, demoting a starting pitcher who has been adjusted to, and can't get out of the 2nd inning, whatever. It's going to be a 115-120 loss team. Getz should be rummaging through the system to see if anybody can play the game right now. 

I don't think you have any idea if Sheets has value. You should probably seek out the context of my Julks comment. I've been acknowledging he's probably the weak side of a platoon for a while now. 

53 minutes ago, fathom said:

The mediocrity that some of the Getz supporters cling to as signs of success is illustrated to me so many of the problems in this organization (except Harold, he’s not afraid to admit someone stinks).

There's difference between being a Getz supporter and saying let's give the guy a fair shake and remember who he's working for.

There are plenty of good things happening . Lots of success in the minors for the 1st time in while. 2 stud starting pitcher's for tradebait out of nowhere. Thorpe and Cannon doing well. Bannister seems like good hire.

I don't think that's mediocre stuff. For a guy who had no money or talent to work with on the ML level. Fedde and Crochet are 2 huge wins.More offensive talent should be coming. A lot depends on moving Robert and Crochet which I'm skeptical will happen by the TDL.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Cut the poor guy a break.  Someone disagreed with him on the internet and he can't get over it.

We're probably more alike than you'd care to admit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

Has anyone seen a report of when the last time and who pitched an immaculate inning for Sox?

Yeah it was apparently some plumber back in 1905 or something like that

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I disagree with you a lot and you accused me of stalking you.Talk about not getting over it. I could say I'm living rent free in you're head. Isn't that one of your little catch phrases along with getting your feeling hurt ?

You typically like to jump on a guy who's already got 2 people pounding on him. You're supposed be a moderator not an instigator or intimidator because you're feeling mighty in a wolfpack attack.

Lots of people here know this about you. You're not the defender of the downtrodden like you make youself out to be when social issues invade the sports world. You're more like let me get a kick in too as long as hes getting kicked already. Face it you're a bully and abuse whatever authority is given to you as a mod.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1