7/10 Campfire Milkshakes vs. Twinkies Straight DH 1:10PM CT

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Thorpe is a snake charmer. Hitters have no idea what's coming or how it's going to move.   It's a joy to watch him pitch.  

He's a pitcher.  There aren't many in the game these days, as most of these guys are throwers.

48 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I disagree with you a lot and you accused me of stalking you.Talk about not getting over it. I could say I'm living rent free in you're head. Isn't that one of your little catch phrases along with getting your feeling hurt ?

You typically like to jump on a guy who's already got 2 people pounding on him. You're supposed be a moderator not an instigator or intimidator because you're feeling mighty in a wolfpack attack.

Lots of people here know this about you. You're not the defender of the downtrodden like you make youself out to be when social issues invade the sports world. You're more like let me get a kick in too as long as hes getting kicked already. Face it you're a bully and abuse whatever authority is given to you as a mod.

It’s a message board about the Sox.  WE calls me a moron and I don’t care.  Personally, I think Getz is a terrible GM and while WE may fluff up bums like Sheets and Julks, I think they will be out of baseball in a couple years.  You also seem to get upset that not everyone thinks that Getz is doing a good job and you make excuses for him.  Reinsdorf specifically chose him because he said he wouldn’t need a full season to assess the team.  Obviously that was a load of BS but Getz has made some weird and stupid decisions that to me, outweigh his good ones.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Kyle Hendricks might be the most recent successful comp to Thorpe. 

But there are not too many that can get away with 90-91 FB

He doesn’t have to be perfect but he really has to limit those terrible meatballs that end up right in the hitter’s wheelhouse.

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

What are we whining about here? He has given up 2 runs through six innings and has had one bad start. 

Nobody is whining we are making observations about a young Sox player. He has limited upside sitting 91 with two pitches. Doesn't mean he can't be a nice starting pitcher. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

What are we whining about here? He has given up 2 runs through six innings and has had one bad start. 

Against the hottest team in baseball nonetheless 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s a message board about the Sox.  WE calls me a moron and I don’t care.  Personally, I think Getz is a terrible GM and while WE may fluff up bums like Sheets and Julks, I think they will be out of baseball in a couple years.  You also seem to get upset that not everyone thinks that Getz is doing a good job and you make excuses for him.  Reinsdorf specifically chose him because he said he wouldn’t need a full season to assess the team.  Obviously that was a load of BS but Getz has made some weird and stupid decisions that to me, outweigh his good ones.

It's not being upset when somebody doesn't like the job Getz is doing. It's when somebody spends the whole day framing a 27th man call-up as stupid, a mistake, etc, when it's just an innocuous move. It's when a person muses that "nobody can defend" calling up the only infielder on the 40-man when an infielder is needed, when again, it's just an innocuous move. 

We all get it. You don't like Getz. You come off as silly when you desperately frame every. single. move. as bad, panicky, stupid, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nobody is whining we are making observations about a young Sox player. He has limited upside sitting 91 with two pitches. Doesn't mean he can't be a nice starting pitcher. 

Yep.  And if the Sox had any sort of average offense, those 2 runs wouldn’t be the end of the world.

• Like 1

Just now, WestEddy said:

It's not being upset when somebody doesn't like the job Getz is doing. It's when somebody spends the whole day framing a 27th man call-up as stupid, a mistake, etc, when it's just an innocuous move. It's when a person muses that "nobody can defend" calling up the only infielder on the 40-man when an infielder is needed, when again, it's just an innocuous move. 

We all get it. You don't like Getz. You come off as silly when you desperately frame every. single. move. as bad, panicky, stupid, etc. 

And you frame just about every move Getz makes as a positive, which is even more insincere.  I remember you talking about how Brad Keller was a good pickup.  Give it up already.