#1/3/15/19/22/30 of Top 30 trade targets Sox

• caulfield12 changed the title to #1/3/15/19/22/30 of Top 30 trade targets Sox
18 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Fedde too high imo 

I bet most would argue too low based on advanced stats/analytics and Kopech way too high based on scouts who fell in love with him a decade ago out of a Texas high school.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I bet most would argue too low based on advanced stats/analytics and Kopech way too high based on scouts who fell in love with him a decade ago out of a Texas high school.

Behind Crochet, Fedde's going to be one of the best starting pitchers on the market. Kopech still has that stuff, as evidenced by his immaculate inning today. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Behind Crochet, Fedde's going to be one of the best starting pitchers on the market. Kopech still has that stuff, as evidenced by his immaculate inning today. 

Now you're over selling him like a used car salesman.

Caveat emptor.

Buyer beware!

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Now you're over selling him like a used car salesman.

Caveat emptor.

Buy beware!

Who, Fedde or Kopech? Kopech's a head case, and Fedde is a very solid starter, right now. top 10-15?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Who, Fedde or Kopech? Kopech's a head case, and Fedde is a very solid starter, right now. top 10-15?

Oh I misread.  Yeah arguably the second best starter.

Eflin is getting listed lots of places but more expensive.  Flaherty too.  Hard to believe the Rays care throwing in the towel.

Skubal is great...trading him is crazy talK if the Tigers ever intend to contend.  Rolled Tide might go for him warts and all lol.

Eeovaldi has the dominant playoff pedigree with two teams now.

Scherzer and Verlander will be interesting decisions too.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Oh I misread.  Yeah arguably the second best starter.

Eflin is getting listed lots of places but more expensive.  Flaherty too.  Hard to believe the Rays care throwing in the towel.

They are 5.5 back of the Red Sox with two teams between them, but yeah, there's still a lot of baseball to play. 

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Fedde too high imo 

If Fedde's 15 and Kopech is 19, it's hard to see how it's Fedde that's too high.

Tigers would be crazy to trade Skubal.  They're going to win 75-80 games this season and could easily contend next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

If Fedde's 15 and Kopech is 19, it's hard to see how it's Fedde that's too high.

Tigers would be crazy to trade Skubal.  They're going to win 75-80 games this season and could easily contend next season.

I meant Fedde should be lower… as in he is better than where they have him listed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I meant Fedde should be lower… as in he is better than where they have him listed.

Right #8-12

Especially after escaping that bases loaded jam in the first inning.  More supportive data points.

• Fire 1

Rosenthal talks about how the deadline to trade competitive balance picks is 5:00 Sunday evening. The Pirates, D-backs, Guardians and Royals have round A picks that follow the 1st round. The Twins, Brewers and Reds have round B picks that follow the 2nd round. 

MLB draft order, if you're interested: https://www.mlb.com/draft/2024/order

Edited by WestEddy

On 7/10/2024 at 3:43 PM, WestEddy said:

If the ranking was based on most likely to be traded and most talented combined Fedde may be close to #1.

Crochet and Robert aren't the locks to be traded that Fedde is. Plus starting pitching with a lot of good stats with innings under their belt make Fedde very desirable. I doubt his lack of a successful career means much . He's proven himself and the amount of WAR he's accumulated without being a high K guy with the Sox defense behind him is impressive.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Is theranking was based on most likely to be traded and most talented combined Fedde may be close to #1.

Crochet and Robert aren't the locks to be traded that Fedde is. Plus starting pitching with a lot of good stats with innings under their belt make Fedde very desirable. I doubt his lack of a successful career means much . He's proven himself and the amount of WAR he's accumulated without being a high K guy with the Sox defense behind him is impressive.

His lack of lockdown, strike-out stuff probably knocks him down a notch. But he certainly will be traded, and won't clean out a team's top 5.

9 hours ago, WestEddy said:

His lack of lockdown, strike-out stuff probably knocks him down a notch. But he certainly will be traded, and won't clean out a team's top 5.

If we're talking about off season trades, I'd 100% agree.  But in the context of the TDL, I don't.  It was posted earlier that Crochet and Fedde are #1 and #7 respectively in fWAR for the league, so in terms in value NOW - Fedde is more like a #2 or #3 because he's an established SP (unlike Crochet) and available. 

Getz should be firm about a pretty damn significant package otherwise hold him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FranksPillz said:

If we're talking about off season trades, I'd 100% agree.  But in the context of the TDL, I don't.  It was posted earlier that Crochet and Fedde are #1 and #7 respectively in fWAR for the league, so in terms in value NOW - Fedde is more like a #2 or #3 because he's an established SP (unlike Crochet) and available. 

Getz should be firm about a pretty damn significant package otherwise hold him.

The best part is that Crochet should hypothetically boost Fedde's value.

Teams want Crochet but the price is too high, well, they can start negotiating down to Fedde. And if one of them is off the market, the other becomes more valuable.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Quin said:

The best part is that Crochet should hypothetically boost Fedde's value.

Teams want Crochet but the price is too high, well, they can start negotiating down to Fedde. And if one of them is off the market, the other becomes more valuable.

Exactly - plus the points regarding his friendly contract which @CaliSoxFanViaSWsidehammered home (and I didn't feel the need to belabor).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1