AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Winning with four hits is pretty interesting. All the prime trade guys had big games to please the trade-niks (people who love trades; not meant as a slam; you have a right to love trades).  Robert resembling a phenom; Fedde resembling a Freddy (Garcia in a good year); Kopech looking like Goose Gossage in his ultra prime. Only Leasure with the pedestrian line,

Minnesota isn't that good, folks. Kind of embarrassing the Twins have dominated the Sox in the season series many years.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Winning with four hits is pretty interesting. All the prime trade guys had big games to please the trade-niks (people who love trades; not meant as a slam; you have a right to love trades).  Robert resembling a phenom; Fedde resembling a Freddy (Garcia in a good year); Kopech looking like Goose Gossage in his ultra prime. Only Leasure with the pedestrian line,

Minnesota isn't that good, folks. Kind of embarrassing the Twins have dominated the Sox in the season series many years.

The Twins could lose every single game for the rest of this season, and the Sox would not pass them if they kept winning at the same pace they have played at so far this season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Twins could lose every single game for the rest of this season, and the Sox would not pass them if they kept winning at the same pace they have played at so far this season.

If you remember the Twins were blah before taking 4 from the Sox and having the Sox help turn their season around. The Sox make a lot of mediocre teams well.

It may have happened before but this is the only other time I know of that a Sox pitcher threw an immaculate inning:

August 22, 1923 - In a game at Comiskey Park, Sox pitcher Hollis “Sloppy” Thurston struck out the side on only nine pitches versus the Philadelphia Athletics. It came in the 12th inning. He retired the A’s Frank “Beauty” McGowan, Clarence “Chick” Galloway and Sam Hale.  Thurston however, who came on in relief starting in the 11th inning, got the loss in the game, 3-2 which went 13 innings. Striking out three hitters on only nine pitches is called an “Immaculate Inning.”

12 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

What a clown. 

You mean piping non-stop fastballs that are either way high and outside or are right over the cock of the plate isn’t a good pitching strategy against major league hitters?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You mean piping non-stop fastballs that are either way high and outside or are right over the cock of the plate isn’t a good pitching strategy against major league hitters?

It's just wild to me. Why would he think their advice would be bad? It'd be one thing if he was getting results, but it would still be weird to not listen to Katz and Bannister who are highly regarded. What a geek.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

It's just wild to me. Why would he think their advice would be bad? It'd be one thing if he was getting results, but it would still be weird to not listen to Katz and Bannister who are highly regarded. What a geek.

Very strange.  My guess is that he doesn’t have as much confidence in his breaking balls as he does in his fastball, but the guy routinely overthrows his fastball anyways or grooves one right down the middle of the plate.  May as well try to mix it up.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Very strange.  My guess is that he doesn’t have as much confidence in his breaking balls as he does in his fastball, but the guy routinely overthrows his fastball anyways or grooves one right down the middle of the plate.  May as well try to mix it up.

Especially since his slider was devastating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It may have happened before but this is the only other time I know of that a Sox pitcher threw an immaculate inning:

August 22, 1923 - In a game at Comiskey Park, Sox pitcher Hollis “Sloppy” Thurston struck out the side on only nine pitches versus the Philadelphia Athletics. It came in the 12th inning. He retired the A’s Frank “Beauty” McGowan, Clarence “Chick” Galloway and Sam Hale.  Thurston however, who came on in relief starting in the 11th inning, got the loss in the game, 3-2 which went 13 innings. Striking out three hitters on only nine pitches is called an “Immaculate Inning.”

I feel sorry for Sam Hale, so let's give him a nickname....Sam "Howdy" Hale