Talkin Baseball

Rowand44

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too soon to get depressed?

KW mentioned what "big-market teams" are going to do - GOD, that makes me sick!!!!!

Sounds to me like the Sox are gonna try to dump salary and then hope they strike lightning again later in the process. Counting on the "buyers' market" to allow some decent players to drop in price. Might work, might not, but it's not exactly the stuff that "buzz" is made of.

Im already in Sox depression. It is already shaping out to be a s***ty winter, and a LONG season. We should all get ready to see FA go to other teams, and Sox having to chose who we have to bring up from the minors to fill holes.  :bang  :bang

I could be dreaming, but I'm not too sure about that yet. I think we'll be fine with a very legitimate shot at October coming into April.

Can you go into a little further detail about why you think this? Just curious.

We didn't do anything HUGE last winter (Colon was pretty big), and ALOT of us thought that we were gonna take it all in the spring. I think we will get some moderate FA's and we will be able to compete if Guillen can get this team to play inspired baseball.

And, it's f***ing Veteran's Day still! Give them time.