Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I kind of think Crochet has made his last start with Sox and we see him dealt in next few days. 

Jason, that sound you hear is a few GM's salivating. This includes the Dodgers' front office.

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I kind of think Crochet has made his last start with Sox and we see him dealt in next few days. 

That is kind of how I felt about how his "starts" were being spaced

• Like 1

I know i've said this a zillion times, but the keys to all of these trades is scouting the heck out of the 2nd tier prospects of these teams.  They will get a top guy for Crochet and Robert, but the teams are just so reluctant at the top.
I think the Orioles 2nd tier guys are overrated due to the success of the Gunner generation.  Biever, e.g., looked good last year, but hit a wall this year.  Is it temporary? Is that it for him?  Scouts, do your thing.  

23 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I know i've said this a zillion times, but the keys to all of these trades is scouting the heck out of the 2nd tier prospects of these teams.  They will get a top guy for Crochet and Robert, but the teams are just so reluctant at the top.
I think the Orioles 2nd tier guys are overrated due to the success of the Gunner generation.  Biever, e.g., looked good last year, but hit a wall this year.  Is it temporary? Is that it for him?  Scouts, do your thing.  

I thought I recently saw a tweet that stated the Sox had only two full time scouts after cutting to the bone because of "supposed" financial losses.

If that is true (I have no idea) that's cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Scouting, drafting and developing are absolutely essential and crucial to any good organization.

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I thought I recently saw a tweet that stated the Sox had only two full time scouts after cutting to the bone because of "supposed" financial losses.

If that is true (I have no idea) that's cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Scouting, drafting and developing are absolutely essential and crucial to any good organization.

The results sure make a statement if that is actually true.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think I see the problem. 

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That would just be incredible. Another thing that the Sox need to avoid are prospects who both need development and also need to be put on the 40 man within a year. That’s dealing on the other team’s terms and another mistake they Hahn routinely made. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/garrett-crochet-worth-haul-heres-231836886.html

According to insider Robert Murray of FanSided, teams are seemingly willing to pay a pretty penny for his services.

“Absolutely incredible," a "rival evaluator" texted Murray of Crochet. "Someone should give them what they want. Fastball that explodes, angle, life (on his fastball) just absurd. I’d give them like five prospects for him right now.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/garrett-crochet-worth-haul-heres-231836886.html

According to insider Robert Murray of FanSided, teams are seemingly willing to pay a pretty penny for his services.

“Absolutely incredible," a "rival evaluator" texted Murray of Crochet. "Someone should give them what they want. Fastball that explodes, angle, life (on his fastball) just absurd. I’d give them like five prospects for him right now.

boner-hard-on.gif

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, GreenSox said:

That would just be incredible. Another thing that the Sox need to avoid are prospects who both need development and also need to be put on the 40 man within a year. That’s dealing on the other team’s terms and another mistake they Hahn routinely made. 

If I remember right the post was from Jay Cuda. He also wrote the Sox had only five analytic guys but had 50 ticket sale individuals on the payroll.

It was from a few weeks ago and honestly I don't know if I'm remembering it correctly.

20 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If I remember right the post was from Jay Cuda. He also wrote the Sox had only five analytic guys but had 50 ticket sale individuals on the payroll.

It was from a few weeks ago and honestly I don't know if I'm remembering it correctly.

Damn I feel like I saw that post a year ago, I remember that though.

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

"Insiders" say the Sox should not wait to trade Crochet, that his value is the highest it will be. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/07/19/insiders-say-white-sox-shouldnt-wait-to-make-deals

I can't imagine his trade value is any lower this off-season (bearing health). The key is obviously don't say yes to anything unless you feel you can't say no. I'm holding until the off-season unless I'm left speechless. I'm gonna be furious if my first reaction isn't "wow, they got that...".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

I can't imagine his trade value is any lower this off-season (bearing health). The key is obviously don't say yes to anything unless you feel you can't say no. I'm holding until the off-season unless I'm left speechless. I'm gonna be furious if my first reaction isn't "wow, they got that...".

Barring health is a big if with his innings already. It's taking a big chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac9001 said:

I think where the "insider" is coming from is the receiving team will have Crochet's services for 3 playoff runs. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-trade-deadline-what-do-the-yankees-phillies-and-other-contenders-need-to-add-before-july-30-183555000.html

Phillies Royals Pads all fitting into Robert Crochet sweepstakes.  KC would be a massive gut punch on Luis.

No mention of Fedde here, strangely.

Pillar and Pham getting shoutouts.

No DeJong mention.

Also, feels like they end up standing pat with Vaughn.

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

If Getz can't get his "haul" for either Crochet or Robert during the trading deadline then he might get interest from 29 teams in the off season. 

There are only a few teams that can afford either and they’re all in the hunt now

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

There are only a few teams that can afford either and they’re all in the hunt now

The timing of striking a deal rests entirely on the package being offered 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-trade-deadline-what-do-the-yankees-phillies-and-other-contenders-need-to-add-before-july-30-183555000.html

Phillies Royals Pads all fitting into Robert Crochet sweepstakes.  KC would be a massive gut punch on Luis.

No mention of Fedde here, strangely.

Pillar and Pham getting shoutouts.

No DeJong mention.

Also, feels like they end up standing pat with Vaughn.

KC do not have the pieces to get Crochet and/or Robert.  Their system is terrible 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ptatc said:

Barring health is a big if with his innings already. It's taking a big chance.

6 months from now and both Crochet and Robert could have a different profile. I think Crochet may be be time to make the best deal and I think Robert might be better waiting another 6 months.  But both guys have some "fragile" in them that hopefully goes away. 

1 hour ago, GGajewski18 said:

KC do not have the pieces to get Crochet and/or Robert.  Their system is terrible 

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/royals

Yeah most obvious strength is catching with KC and that should be one of the lowest trade priorities for now.

The Royals drafted Caglianone as a two-way player, so it remains to be seen whether he continues both hitting and pitching on his way to the Majors, à la Shohei Ohtani, whom Caglianone says has had a major impact on him.

Edited by caulfield12

I have always been Team "Crochet Can Start." Now, I'm on Team "I Bet Crochet Stays Healthy." The guy is a horse who is in Tip Top shape. Yes, he did have TJS, but so has every other hard thrower, including Hagen Smith. The arm is relatively low mileage as he enters his prime and his delivery is repeatable. Plus, he's really smart. Guys like this are the ones who go to the post for years. If the Sox (or someone else) is smart about workload this year, I think he's set to be a monster for the next five years. I hope the Sox don't give him away for 50 cents on the dollar.

• Like 1