Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

"Seven MLB deadline trades I’d like to see, starting with a big Yankees-Rays swap" via Bowden.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5657415/2024/07/25/mlb-deadline-trade-proposals/

I do agree with the idea that the best Dodgers trade includes guys who are already on the active roster.  Pages/Miller/Stone make a lot of sense in the structure, but I really would like to see DePaula be a part of it as well

• Like 2

Bowden’s Fedde suggestion is 2 40 prospects.  absolutely ridiculous.

The Robert suggestion is overall light, although I do like Crawford.  

The dodger plan is a little heavy on major league ready players. They could be a steal, but they aren’t performing all that great. And the Sox  do have a couple of outfielders in AAA that they really need to give an extended look, although most people have decided that they’re terrible (which they may be). 

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

I missed the Bowden Fedde trade proposal.

7. White Sox trade Erick Fedde to Cardinals for RHP Zack Showalter and RHP Ian Bedell
This deal would land the Cardinals the veteran starting pitcher they seek and give the White Sox two young power pitchers to help rebuild their farm system. Fedde is 7-3 with a 2.98 ERA over 20 starts this year and is controllable through 2025. Bedell has 100 strikeouts in 95 innings this season between Double A and Triple A. Since being promoted to Triple-A Memphis in June, the 24-year-old has posted a 2.37 ERA over five starts (30 1/3 innings). Showalter, 20, has struck out 54 in 32 1/3 innings out of the bullpen, with a 2.59 ERA over 22 appearances in Low A.

8 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Bowden’s Fedde suggestion is 2 40 prospects.  absolutely ridiculous.

The Robert suggestion is overall light, although I do like Crawford.  

The dodger plan is a little heavy on major league ready players. They could be a steal, but they aren’t performing all that great. And the Sox  do have a couple of outfielders in AAA that they really need to give an extended look, although most people have decided that they’re terrible (which they may be). 

Makes no sense that we traded for both Fletcher and DeLoach in the offseason and neither are even playing in the MLB. Both are already older and at least one should be up. I guess when Pham (and possibly Robert) is moved, there will be at bats.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Makes no sense that we traded for both Fletcher and DeLoach in the offseason and neither are even playing in the MLB. Both are already older and at least one should be up. I guess when Pham (and possibly Robert) is moved, there will be at bats.

Bold of you to assume Rafael Ortega won't be back.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I agree with you.  Fletcher just may have needed a little time and a reset.

And we’re also spinning our wheels with sheets, Eloy and really Vaughn, although I do think they’ll move Vaughn before Tuesday. 

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I agree with you.  Fletcher just may have needed a little time and a reset.

And we’re also spinning our wheels with sheets, Eloy and really Vaughn, although I do think they’ll move Vaughn before Tuesday. 

I don't see it. He's not good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don't see it. He's not good.

He hits lefties  OK and some contenders are really bad at first base. He would be a platoon.  Wouldn’t  get much for him. Doesn’t matter. Those guys just need to go. 

Edited by GreenSox

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

He hits lefties  OK and some contenders are really bad at first base. He would be a platoon.  Wouldn’t  get much for him. Doesn’t matter. Those guys just need to go. 

He'd make a decent (I use this term loosely here) with Singleton in Houston.

49 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I wasn’t a huge fan of either trade at the time and both are looking rough right now unless Larson hits.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

So basically, the only way a team can use him in the playoffs is if they throw cash at him after being traded?

Keep him on same routine.  2 innings every 5 days. side sessions the same. nothing changes except the length of his starts.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

So basically, the only way a team can use him in the playoffs is if they throw cash at him after being traded?

I THINK he meant would need extension as in "would extend himself to pitch more" and he worded it like a moron because he is one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Man, I am all in on getting Justin Crawford. I would need another piece with Abel but that seems pretty fair to me and am hopeful its true.

12 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

That's if he stays.  If he leaves, a team can alter the deal.

11 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I THINK he meant would need extension as in "would extend himself to pitch more" and he worded it like a moron because he is one.

I’m almost certain that Heyman means Garrett would need a contract extension.

• Like 2

That's a haul for Crochet.  And the Robert trade seems pretty light.

I think if either guy gets traded, the Crochet return will be lighter, and the Robert return would be a little better.

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

That's a haul for Crochet.  And the Robert trade seems pretty light.

I think if either guy gets traded, the Crochet return will be lighter, and the Robert return would be a little better.

Yeah, Robert isn’t (and shouldn’t) bring back what Soto did for the Nats but it will be better than the proposed package.