Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It only matters what he thinks, and he obviously has a major problem with how he has been handled.

And he has every right to be. Hahn and the Sox brass bungled his development every step of the way. I would say it's astounding how bad they fucked it up, but it's the White Sox, so it's unfortunately not. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Whoever said it above - they brought up a real interesting point. If Sox wanted to play hard ball, they really could send him to the minors and start to mess with his arb clock while they manage his arm.  I don't think the PR / benefit of doing it is worth it - cause other clubs and players notice those things, but than again, Sox aren't already a lost cause there.

According to one poster it should be painfully obvious to all of us that Crochet hates the Sox . If that's the case he couldn't hate them much more than he already does if they stuck him the minors for a month.

Do it. He got all that service time while injured and if his pitches are slowing down is an indication he's getting tired then they have every right to demote him to shut him down and regain a year of service time.

If Crochet is playing hardball ( and I don't know if that was  CAA's plan ) then go for it. He's not the only one that has to protect himself. The Sox would be well within their rights to do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

And he has every right to be. Hahn and the Sox brass bungled his development every step of the way. I would say it's astounding how bad they fucked it up, but it's the White Sox, so it's unfortunately not. 

By using him in relief? 

Honestly, as a lot of us wanted, they should have started him in the minors THIS SEASON and eased him into the role. Let him build early/get a year of control back. Now they have this mess.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

It’s been confirmed by a variety of sources.  If it wasn’t true, there definitely would have been something said by now.

I know you keep trying to hammer this home to me and I'm sure in essence it's correct but I still don't understand why Heyman had that info probably before the All Star game and held it for what 4 -6 days ? It sure got confirmed by enough people after that. But of course no one is saying how they confirm it independent of piggybacking Heymans report. All of a sudden all these different people confirming it now have there own sources that had the same info as Heyman. That a lot of sources popping up. I haven't heard one of them say they talked to Crochet like Heyman did or that they talked to his agent.

People in power manipulate the media all the time . Media sources themselves are biased to their own ideologies . The truth is out there .?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

I know this is all moot because of Jerry, it’s just still maddening they won’t even consider getting creative. 

They are going to be bad the next few years. Payroll will be low. Sign Crochet for 5 years, contract starts next year. Why not front load it in years 1 and 2, everyone wins, Crochet gets his money, Sox have a 28 year old Crochet when in a perfect world they are ready to compete, and have some added flexibility because he’s on the backend of the deal. 

This isn’t Fedde, I actually agree with the gregs of the world, I don’t care who you are, they shouldn’t be trying to trade a 25 year old who has been one of the best pitchers in baseball

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know you keep trying to hammer this home to me and I'm sure in essence it's correct but I still don't understand why Heyman had that info probably before the All Star game and held it for what 4 -6 days ? It sure got confirmed by enough people after that. But of course no one is saying how they confirm it independent of piggybacking Heymans report. All of a sudden all these different people confirming it now have there own sources that had the same info as Heyman. That a lot of sources popping up. I haven't heard one of them say they talked to Crochet like Heyman did or that they talked to his agent.

People in power manipulate the media all the time . Media sources themselves are biased to their own ideologies . The truth is out there .?

CAA has been telling everyone who would listen 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I know this is all moot because of Jerry, it’s just still maddening they won’t even consider getting creative. 

They are going to be bad the next few years. Payroll will be low. Sign Crochet for 5 years, contract starts next year. Why not front load it in years 1 and 2, everyone wins, Crochet gets his money, Sox have a 28 year old Crochet when in a perfect world they are ready to compete, and have some added flexibility because he’s on the backend of the deal. 

This isn’t Fedde, I actually agree with the gregs of the world, I don’t care who you are, they shouldn’t be trying to trade a 25 year old who has been one of the best pitchers in baseball

We need to find eight or nine hitters.  That will be impossible to do without getting a couple of high end prospects for Crochet.

• Like 1

Story tonight in Sun-Times:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/07/26/garrett-crochet-addresses-contract-extension-reports-as-trade-deadline-nears

Pitcher injuries have dominated the beginning of this season and the shortened starts the Sox have implemented for Crochet are by his own volition, manager Pedro Grifol said.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Story tonight in Sun-Times:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/07/26/garrett-crochet-addresses-contract-extension-reports-as-trade-deadline-nears

Pitcher injuries have dominated the beginning of this season and the shortened starts the Sox have implemented for Crochet are by his own volition, manager Pedro Grifol said.

Pedro needs to wear duct tape around his mouth

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

What a bizarre story this has turned into.

I am curious though.  The Sox supposedly talked to Crochet about an extension which he quickly rejected.  Did the Sox front office then talk to Crochet openly about their plans as a result of an extension not being possible?  Did they say, hey, we will work hard to move you a contender to help you potentially get a ring and also get paid?  Did they advise him on not discussing his innings limit or making a stupid demand like an extension that would kill his trade value?

Edited by WhiteSox2023