Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Has anyone in the history of baseball refused to pitch in the playoffs without an extension?

No and Crochet won’t either 

53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Has anyone in the history of baseball refused to pitch in the playoffs without an extension?

No one in history has pitched this far over his previous innings while coming off UCL reconstruction either.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ptatc said:

No one in history has pitched this far over his previous innings while coming off UCL reconstruction either.

I hear you there, I just think it’s an idle threat. If he’s healthy he would pitch.

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I hear you there, I just think it’s an idle threat. If he’s healthy he would pitch.

I agree. But he us right to be concerned about his health pitching in to October.  So I don't blame him for wanting some insurance. It's worth a shot to see if a team will bite on it.

I just can't see a deal happening unless he is traded at a discount. Even without the extension threat how bad would a GM look trading multiple high end prospect only to have his big acquisition unavailable in October. Other teams would have to be having that risk factor into their offers. There may be interest but I bet it is not at the cost that many would find acceptable.  

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

I agree. But he us right to be concerned about his health pitching in to October.  So I don't blame him for wanting some insurance. It's worth a shot to see if a team will bite on it.

Well he sure as hell is in the right place if he doesn't want to pitch in October.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, wegner said:

Well he sure as hell is in the right place if he doesn't want to pitch in October.

I think we all knew that going into the season. What we didn't know was that Crochet was going to be a starter of this quality.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ptatc said:

The thing I don’t get is why someone would drive him into the ground. Nobody will do that. Teams are buying two seasons and three playoff runs. They’ll work with him 

• Like 2

I don’t really see the point of pitching Crochet today.  Nothing good can come of it.  Everyone knows a move is imminent just hold him out.  I’m starting to get the sinking feeling that Getz is going to completely mis-handle the deadline.  It’s not surprising but I was hoping he’d stun and make a couple impactful moves.

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I don’t really see the point of pitching Crochet today.  Nothing good can come of it.  Everyone knows a move is imminent just hold him out.  I’m starting to get the sinking feeling that Getz is going to completely mis-handle the deadline.  It’s not surprising but I was hoping he’d stun and make a couple impactful moves.

I agree. Nothing they have done has given me any confidence they’ll handle this right. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Nobody knows if a move is imminent. Crochet has handcuffed himself with his demands. But sure, he mishandled it. 

12 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Nobody knows if a move is imminent. Crochet has handcuffed himself with his demands. But sure, he mishandled it. 

Who cares? If he stays you pitch him Wednesday. 

The Sox season is over. Crochet needs his innings monitored. It makes zero sense to pitch him today but Getz is a buffoon 

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Who cares? If he stays you pitch him Wednesday. 

The Sox season is over. Crochet needs his innings monitored. It makes zero sense to pitch him today but Getz is a buffoon 

He doesn't want to skip starts, and already had a shorter outing, and then the ASB. And some people seem to think the shorter outing before ASB pissed him off. 

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The thing I don’t get is why someone would drive him into the ground. Nobody will do that. Teams are buying two seasons and three playoff runs. They’ll work with him 

You would think so.

15 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

He doesn't want to skip starts, and already had a shorter outing, and then the ASB. And some people seem to think the shorter outing before ASB pissed him off. 

This is a business. Crochet can only hurt his value today. The team who acquires him would probably prefer these extra innings for themselves.

I want to keep crochet so I'm fine pitching him but Getz is trying to move him....

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is a business. Crochet can only hurt his value today. The team who acquires him would probably prefer these extra innings for themselves.

I want to keep crochet so I'm fine pitching him but Getz is trying to move him....

Is he anymore? We have no idea. Did his demands scare enough teams away that now you just do it in the offseason where more teams will be back in without his extension demand? 

15 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Is he anymore? We have no idea. Did his demands scare enough teams away that now you just do it in the offseason where more teams will be back in without his extension demand? 

Yes, I'm 100% certain he's trying to.