Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs

From the MLB site today:

Q: What are some actually realistic trades the Orioles could make? We talk a lot about how they could move some prospects, but not who specifically, and for whom specifically, in a realistic sense.

Feinsand: Samuel Basallo, Coby Mayo and Heston Kjerstad are the names I hear most when talking to people around the league. Two of them would likely have to be included in a Garrett Crochet deal, but the beauty of having a deep farm system is that you can realistically get involved in any trade scenario out there. Giving up young players is never easy, but to get talent, you have to give up talent. Considering where the Orioles are in their process right now, they're going to have to make some moves to supplement their young core. The Corbin Burnes trade reminded me of the Cubs adding Jon Lester a decade ago. If I'm a Baltimore fan, I'm ecstatic about what the next 5-7 years hold for this club.

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

From the MLB site today:

Q: What are some actually realistic trades the Orioles could make? We talk a lot about how they could move some prospects, but not who specifically, and for whom specifically, in a realistic sense.

Feinsand: Samuel Basallo, Coby Mayo and Heston Kjerstad are the names I hear most when talking to people around the league. Two of them would likely have to be included in a Garrett Crochet deal, but the beauty of having a deep farm system is that you can realistically get involved in any trade scenario out there. Giving up young players is never easy, but to get talent, you have to give up talent. Considering where the Orioles are in their process right now, they're going to have to make some moves to supplement their young core. The Corbin Burnes trade reminded me of the Cubs adding Jon Lester a decade ago. If I'm a Baltimore fan, I'm ecstatic about what the next 5-7 years hold for this club.

I don’t think they’d get Both Kjerstad and Mayo but damn that would be AWESOME!

46 minutes ago, peanut33tillman said:

They will not get even one from BAL.

Trying to finalize a trade with BAL is like trying to hammer jello to a wall. 

I could see them doing something for Beavers and Bradfield plus some other pieces...and I think Getz might feel they fit his vision better, but BAL isn't gonna give up any Top 4. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

They will not get even one from BAL.

Trying to finalize a trade with BAL is like trying to hammer jello to a wall. 

I could see them doing something for Beavers and Bradfield plus some other pieces...and I think Getz might feel they fit his vision better, but BAL isn't gonna give up any Top 4. 

Looks like they’re shopping Fedde then 

1 hour ago, peanut33tillman said:

If this is true, a trade won’t be happening…

“Feisand: Samuel Basallo, Coby Mayo and Heston Kjerstad are the names I hear most when talking to people around the league. Two of them would likely have to be included in a Garrett Crochet deal…”

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

How in the world did Baltimore acquire so many legit prospects? Their farm system is something else. 

Years of losing just like the Sox, but also drafting the right guys over those losing years unlike the Sox.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

How in the world did Baltimore acquire so many legit prospects? Their farm system is something else. 

Two things that Sox don't do with position players.

Drafting. 

Development.

• Thanks 4

I'd honestly rather keep Crochet and Robert. I know, I know, but still...I'm all for trading anyone else on this rag tag roster. Get something out of Fedde, any of the vets, and whatever else is left that is not named Korey Lee, but lets at least try to make some improvements overall while also keeping Crochet/Robert.

Also, move #1 should be move Kopech asap.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

From the MLB site today:

@greg775this is why you trade Crochet. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Years of losing just like the Sox, but also drafting the right guys over those losing years unlike the Sox.

Tanking for usre played a part, but it cannot be the whole picture. Their scouting and player development people seem to know what they are doing. 

In hindsight, Rick Hahn and company didn't bottom out enough after the Sale trade. The Sox really needed to put together at least 3 or 4 straight years of 110 plus losses to guarantee a couple draft picks at 1.1 and 1.2. 

5 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I'd honestly rather keep Crochet and Robert. I know, I know, but still...I'm all for trading anyone else on this rag tag roster. Get something out of Fedde, any of the vets, and whatever else is left that is not named Korey Lee, but lets at least try to make some improvements overall while also keeping Crochet/Robert.

Also, move #1 should be move Kopech asap.

I concur. Build around Robert and Crochet and trade everyone else. Don't trust Getz not to get taken to the cleaners in any trade of Robert/Crochet. 

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I wish the Orioles would be willing to give up what people think Crochet’s value is.

Yea… and I wish I was a multimillionaire retired ten years ago with the body of Chris Helmsworth. ?

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Tanking for usre played a part, but it cannot be the whole picture. Their scouting and player development people seem to know what they are doing. 

In hindsight, Rick Hahn and company didn't bottom out enough after the Sale trade. The Sox really needed to put together at least 3 or 4 straight years of 110 plus losses to guarantee a couple draft picks at 1.1 and 1.2. 

They could have done it if they had added premium free agent talent instead of C tier players.

• Thanks 1

I also want to add putting it out there that you are only going to trade these guys if you "win" or someone "overpays" is dumb. That's a nice way to drive off interest.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Two things that Sox don't do with position players.

Drafting. 

Development.

Yup. Baltimore hit on so many of their high picks durning their rebuilding years. Meanwhile the White Sox picked Andrew Vaughn and Nick Madrigal in the first round during their "tanking" years.

• Paper Bag 1

If that is true, I do think that is a little greedy from Getz POV.

O's have plenty of fire power to get Crochet.  I don't think Mayo is going to get traded, but Basallo yes.

Basallo, Norby, Beavers, and another flyer for Crochet and Kopech/Brebbia would work. 

• Like 1