Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs

Hysterical. These guys botched this so bad. All they had to do was:

A.) Tell him to keep his mouth shut

B.) Hold him back from todays start and leak through Bob that “something is imminent”

C.) Take someone over the coals

Now you keep him. You shut him down. You trade him next deadline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who are the dodgers going to give up?  They only have 2 prospects with a darn and typically when you grease an ace, you get a potential ace back.  Just keep him till 2026

15 minutes ago, Rusty said:

lol.  Ok Mr 177000 posts.  Get a life.

He’s had a good one for about twenty years here. Goodbye. ?

• Paper Bag 1

Post mortum on WS trade activity so far suggests either Getz' trade demands and/or our expectations as fans are unrealistic.  It also seems like the inmates are running the asylum. 

41 minutes ago, Flash said:

Post mortum on WS trade activity so far suggests either Getz' trade demands and/or our expectations as fans are unrealistic.  It also seems like the inmates are running the asylum. 

No kidding. Especially Crochet, from the off season where he pretty much demanded to be a starter to now seeming calling all the shots with his workload management and then finally this contract stuff.

The deadline is tomorrow, there is zero chance all these deals get done by then. This is the cherry on top of the s%*# sundae of the 2024 season.

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

No kidding. Especially Crochet, from the off season where he pretty much demanded to be a starter to now seeming calling all the shots with his workload management and then finally this contract stuff.

The deadline is tomorrow, there is zero chance all these deals get done by then. This is the cherry on top of the s%*# sundae of the 2024 season.

We don't know what deals are actually "trying" to get done, though. The ones that for sure have to happen is Fedde, Kopech, Brebbia, Pham, Dejong - which the final two are just lotto tickets. You'd be selling low on Robert right now, and who knows what happened with Crochet after this all came out.

I think you can get Fedde, Kopech, Brebbia, Pham and Dejong done in the next 36 hours or whatever it is.

13 hours ago, Rusty said:

See ya.  Losers.

Are you thinking that's going to make someone here sad? Upset? I don't believe we have any minor children posting here* that would react that way.

*Since you seem to have left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

We don't know what deals are actually "trying" to get done, though. The ones that for sure have to happen is Fedde, Kopech, Brebbia, Pham, Dejong - which the final two are just lotto tickets. You'd be selling low on Robert right now, and who knows what happened with Crochet after this all came out.

I think you can get Fedde, Kopech, Brebbia, Pham and Dejong done in the next 36 hours or whatever it is.

This team has been out of it since April. The fact that nothing has been done with some of these guys is alarming.

Its probably a combination of no one wanting our shitty players and Getz just not being good at his job. I can understand not moving Crochet and Robert right now. Fedde & Kopech, im not sure what the hold up is dialogue on these players should have been started a while ago.

I don't expect anything worth a s%*# for any other player on this team, but even guys like Pham and DeJong probably should have already been jettisoned in the last week.

13 minutes ago, T R U said:

This team has been out of it since April. The fact that nothing has been done with some of these guys is alarming.

Its probably a combination of no one wanting our shitty players and Getz just not being good at his job. I can understand not moving Crochet and Robert right now. Fedde & Kopech, im not sure what the hold up is dialogue on these players should have been started a while ago.

I don't expect anything worth a s%*# for any other player on this team, but even guys like Pham and DeJong probably should have already been jettisoned in the last week.

Those guys are total deadline deals.  Teams spend the weeks before trying to get the guys they really want, and then when the fail, they are the fallbacks to get something.  No one is going out to get a Tommy Pham or Paul DeJong as a primary target.