Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Those guys are total deadline deals.  Teams spend the weeks before trying to get the guys they really want, and then when the fail, they are the fallbacks to get something.  No one is going out to get a Tommy Pham or Paul DeJong as a primary target.

Sure, not as a primary target. They should be cheap which is attractive to a lot of teams who can't realistically go after the bigger fish either because they can't afford it or just don't want to.

Ill stand by my stance that its alarming that nothing has been done with a little over 1 day remaining. I don't expect Crochet or Robert to move at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Sure, not as a primary target. They should be cheap which is attractive to a lot of teams who can't realistically go after the bigger fish either because they can't afford it or just don't want to.

Ill stand by my stance that its alarming that nothing has been done with a little over 1 day remaining. I don't expect Crochet or Robert to move at this point.

But no one is going to grab those guys early because they aren't that good.  They want real guys early.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

But no one is going to grab those guys early because they aren't that good.  They want real guys early.

I agree on DeJong, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he isn't even moved. Pham though is a really nice platoon option against lefties and is cheap, and with the White Sox being open for business so early in the process im a little surprised he hasn't been moved ahead of deadline day. I guess there's still today, but you get my point.

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Something like Rushing, De Paula, Ferris, Freeland from Dodgers? Is that enough value? Too little?

I think that's proabbly fine... Rushing has very little value if he can't catch (apparently he can't).

50 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I think that's proabbly fine... Rushing has very little value if he can't catch (apparently he can't).

I guess if that's the best offer you have, you can always try to move Rushing for a different prospect this winter (or even via a 3-way in the same deal). 

I still really dislike an LAD package tho. Unless its a massive overpay from them, I'd rather just hold Crochet and move him this winter when 29 clubs will be interested. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I guess if that's the best off you have, you can always try to move Rushing for a different prospect this winter (or even via a 3-way in the same deal). 

I still really dislike an LAD package tho. Unless its a massive overpay from them, I'd rather just hold Crochet and move him this winter when 29 clubs will be interested. 

Yeah I don't love what they could do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Something like Rushing, De Paula, Ferris, Freeland from Dodgers? Is that enough value? Too little?

Rushing and Depaula is a pretty good top 2 get. If they can get one more I'm pretty happy with that.  They hvae a rookie they just called up - pitcher. I wouldn't mind getting him - I think he's pretty good.  2 position players plus a pitcher.  Sox may need to add someone else to the package just knowing the uncertainty with Crochet.  

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I guess if that's the best offer you have, you can always try to move Rushing for a different prospect this winter (or even via a 3-way in the same deal). 

If they were willing to include a roster player or two as a way to up the package and free up some roster space, we could be in business.  A deal starting around Pages and/or Bobby Miller, and then back filling in with a guy like DePaula and others coudl be something to get the Sox attention.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I would do this deal even though as people have said LAD isn't a great trade partner. 

I'd also do De Paula, Pages, Ferris and Freeland.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I know we want position players back etc, but if you sneak Ferris into a Dodgers package I'm very happy.

Acquire all the pitchers and then trade Schultz for a similarly ranked hitter (ie: Mayo). It won’t happen, and as much as I want Schultz to excel, I have my doubts he will be a long term, dependable starter