Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Sox only trade Crochet and Robert in "overpay" and trade they "win"

Im ok with Crochet not moving. I find it hard to see a deal for him when he is inevitably going to be shut down at some point. It just doesn't make a lot of sense for someone to trade for him now.

I really hope Philly goes balls to the wall for Robert, that would be ideal. Hes the one guy who I would like to just get out of here now instead of waiting for diminishing reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:
  1. That's 100% how it should be.
  2. I initially read this as they'd be the only two guys they'd trade and was very confused.

I actually broke out the other guys into separate threads for easy discussion... at least until the threadjack happens

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m glad you double checked then. Personally, I’m hoping they both get moved later this month.

Double checked?  I have no connection to Chris Getz, other than as an aggrieved fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

If they are, Sox fans will be disappointed in the return. 

I think people want highly ranked prospects. My broken record comment is, if you're getting top 20 guys, you're buying high. I think Getz will try to get lower ranked guys who need more polish to get a bit more quantity over "quality". He'll maximize the return that way, and some will be frustrated they don't recognize the names. 

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

If they are, Sox fans will be disappointed in the return. 

Assuming they are traded, if the Sox don’t get a nice return for Robert, Crochet, and Fedde, it will be Getz’s fault.

I don’t expect much from any of the Sox other “tradable” assets.

I'm sure a lot of teams are banging down the door to bring in Vaughn, a guy who has career negative WAR.  Really we have two premium assets, one good asset, and a bunch of mid or worthless guy that maybe if you add them all up you can get a dollar for ten dimes. 

If we can't get premium value back for the premium guys just sell off the rest of it and see how the offseason looks. There's no need to rush. Especially if Robert continues to play well and Crochet is going to be basically babied into 50 second half innings if he stays here. We can protect their value and still keep building it.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm sure a lot of teams are banging down the door to bring in Vaughn, a guy who has career negative WAR.  Really we have two premium assets, one good asset, and a bunch of mid or worthless guy that maybe if you add them all up you can get a dollar for ten dimes. 

If we can't get premium value back for the premium guys just sell off the rest of it and see how the offseason looks. There's no need to rush. Especially if Robert continues to play well and Crochet is going to be basically babied into 50 second half innings if he stays here. We can protect their value and still keep building it.

Thankfully a lot of those "mid" guys either come with super cheap deals or some control, or both.  I could truly see any of Banks, Brebbia, Flexen, Kopech, Soroka, DeJong, Lopez, AV, Pham and Sheets moved.  

Pham, Kopech, DeJong, AV, Brebbia and even Banks would/should all return something of interest, imo. 

17 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Guys like Dejong, Pham, and Vaughn etc. get moved all the time at the deadline. 

If you can name me a pre-FA, still on arb negative WAR 1B that has been traded at the deadline please ping me. I'm not sure there's a single one in the history of MLB.

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Crochet wants an extension to pitch in the playoffs