Blue Jays join the firesale; place Kiermaier on waivers

Could the Sox actually win with a waiver claim this year? Nobody in the AL can block the claim except for the team the guy plays for right, just wondering if the waiver wire could actually  benefit the Sox this year

2 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Could the Sox actually win with a waiver claim this year? Nobody in the AL can block the claim except for the team the guy plays for right, just wondering if the waiver wire could actually  benefit the Sox this year

No one claimed that contract. 

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No one claimed that contract. 

I mean in general, can being the worst team in baseball give you an advantage on the waiver wire 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I mean in general, can being the worst team in baseball give you an advantage on the waiver wire 

Yes, it could.  Similar to the Alex Rios acquisition years ago, it would have to be a bad team trying to dump a bloated contract for an above average player.  The Sox got two good seasons out of Rios and then traded him for Leury Garcia, and it only cost them money.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Goes by worst to first by league and then switches to the opposite league worst to first if unclaimed 

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Goes by worst to first by league and then switches to the opposite league worst to first if unclaimed 

They still do it by each league even though everyone plays each other?
So stupid.

• Like 1