7/12 Games

20 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Baldwin 2-3, 2bb 1K. His K was taking a very close 3-2 pitch. He is a ballplayer.

His approach makes you think he's going to be a legit pro.

Watching Colson this year has been very frustrating at times as he'll literally take 3 pitches straight down the plate without flinching. I'm not souring on Colson, but man do guys like Baldwin do everything and then some and they just don't get the respect they deserve.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

His approach makes you think he's going to be a legit pro.

Watching Colson this year has been very frustrating at times as he'll literally take 3 pitches straight down the plate without flinching. I'm not souring on Colson, but man do guys like Baldwin do everything and then some and they just don't get the respect they deserve.

Is Baldwin a better prospect now than Gonzalez?

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

Is Baldwin a better prospect now than Gonzalez?

He’s a year older and with less pedigree. I personally like him more cuz he’s faster and may have a bit more pop, but Gonzalez made it to AA less than a year after he was drafted. Baldwin was in Kanny at the same point in their careers. I think it is close.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

He’s a year older and with less pedigree. I personally like him more cuz he’s faster and may have a bit more pop, but Gonzalez made it to AA less than a year after he was drafted. Baldwin was in Kanny at the same point in their careers. I think it is close.

Offensivly absolutely, but I don't think there's a high probablity of him sticking at short. I do think Gonzales sticks as a leauge average defensive shortstop. Colson will probably eventually end up at thrid, he's just too big and a few more years in the weight room will end any chance of him sitcking at short.

5 hours ago, mac9001 said:

Offensivly absolutely, but I don't think there's a high probablity of him sticking at short. I do think Gonzales sticks as a leauge average defensive shortstop. Colson will probably eventually end up at thrid, he's just too big and a few more years in the weight room will end any chance of him sitcking at short.

Possibly. Baldwin is surprisingly good at ss. He is a solid defender wherever you put him.

8 hours ago, mac9001 said:

Offensivly absolutely, but I don't think there's a high probablity of him sticking at short. I do think Gonzales sticks as a leauge average defensive shortstop.

Other than two years of Iguchi, the Sox  haven’t had anybody at 2nd since Ray Durham. 2nd is good. 
as for Montgomery, at least he hasn’t lost his approach during his slump. If he’s taking balls down the middle, fine. It’s a lot better than to start hacking outside the strike zone which might happen if they beat on him too hard about taking pitches. 

11 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Mogollon HR, 2bb. I think he has a shot at Kanny after the draft.

I would hope so as well. A .968 OPS in 36 ACL games in his first stateside action is great for someone we were adamantly told wouldn't amount to anything because he's short ??.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1