White Sox vs Pirates July 12 game thread

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Time for everyone to stick it to @JUSTgottaBELIEVE.  He railed everyone for saying there would be a limit for Crochet at around 100 innings and BOOM, here we are.

I think this has more to do with the All-Star game appearance than stopping Crochet right after 100 innings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

I think this has more to do with the All-Star game appearance than stopping Crochet right after 100 innings. 

Yeah I think this is cheating some time for him with the ASB and also being cautious before the trade deadline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

Yeah I think this is cheating some time for him with the ASB and also being cautious before the trade deadline.

You guys are probably right, but it sure feels like they burned his ass out on innings cuz they know they are trading him and he won’t be around.  Especially after the rumor that he declined any extension talks.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Absolutely hilarious that we are protecting him for an ASG inning as we're on pace for 135 losses. Hey, is what it is. It makes sense, we're going nowhere fast watching him pitch a nice inning in the ASG might be the highlight of our season.

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Absolutely hilarious that we are protecting him for an ASG inning as we're on pace for 135 losses. Hey, is what it is. It makes sense, we're going nowhere fast watching him pitch a nice inning in the ASG might be the highlight of our season.

That All-Star Game appearance is more important to the Sox than anything else, haha.  They get a chance to showcase Crochet on the big stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You guys are probably right, but it sure feels like they burned his ass out on innings cuz they know they are trading him and he won’t be around.  Especially after the rumor that he declined any extension talks.

They are also waiting 5 days after the break to pitch him again.  Feels like they are giving themselves a couple of weeks to trade him without risk of injury to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

...And some positive records are being set this year, too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

The longer they wait to trade him the better chance some team will get desperate and overpay the Sox.  With that said, I’d rather see Crochet stay a Sox.

I think we all would…  but Jerry.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They are also waiting 5 days after the break to pitch him again.  Feels like they are giving themselves a couple of weeks to trade him without risk of injury to me.

Sox do something smart and people still complain…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MEANS said:

Sox do something smart and people still complain…

Anyone “complaining” just wanted to see more of Crochet, selfishly or not.  I’m sure they realize it was the right move.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

8 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

The longer they wait to trade him the better chance some team will get desperate and overpay the Sox.  With that said, I’d rather see Crochet stay a Sox.

Unless you are willing to pay him 200 or 300 million in a couple of years, there really isn't much of a choice. 

I like these Friday night games. The dugout interviews are fun and a nice break between bad, boring baseball. I haven't watched a game in like two weeks, damn, but the Crochet and Thorpe interviews seem worth listening to. I keep thinking about that Seattle poster who got drunk and yelled at Sox players but made some nice observations about group dynamics within the dugout. Namely, "the white guy clique". Why is Gavin Sheets always hanging with the pitchers? He should be learning Spanish and learning how to hit and play the outfield from Luis Robert. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

...And some positive records are being set this year, too. 

It’s a crying shame.  Imagine a rotation of:

Crochet

Thorpe

Schultz

Fedde

Cannon

Oh well, the offense wouldn’t be ready yet anyways.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Anyone “complaining” just wanted to see more of Crochet, selfishly or not.  I’m sure they realize it was the right move.

And they will…in the ASG which is a great way to show him off.