White Sox vs Pirates July 12 game thread

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s a crying shame.  Imagine a rotation of:

Crochet

Thorpe

Schultz

Fedde

Cannon

Oh well, the offense wouldn’t be ready yet anyways.

I see them having around 28 wins the first half of the season... 

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I see them having around 28 wins the first half of the season... 

They would probably win more if they could bat for themselves over whatever our projected lineup will be for next season.  ?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

How did the ump miss that pitch on 3-2?  I know the runner was going, but that was a blatant strike.

I just logged in to say the same thing. It wasn’t even a borderline missed call. It was center cut. Cost Cannon a run. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I keep thinking about that Seattle poster who got drunk and yelled at Sox players but made some nice observations about group dynamics within the dugout. Namely, "the white guy clique". Why is Gavin Sheets always hanging with the pitchers? He should be learning Spanish and learning how to hit and play the outfield from Luis Robert. 

That would be our resident @chitownsportsfan

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Time for everyone to stick it to @JUSTgottaBELIEVE.  He railed everyone for saying there would be a limit for Crochet at around 100 innings and BOOM, here we are.

LOL. Crochet is at 107.1 innings at the all star break. What are you even talking about? There’s still 2.5 months left in the season. He’s easily going to hit the 150 inning mark this season, barring injury.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

LOL. Crochet is at 107.1 innings at the all star break. What are you even talking about? There’s still 2.5 months left in the season. He’s easily going to hit the 150 inning mark this season, barring injury.

I don’t think it will even be the Sox problem to worry about in a couple weeks, and I think that will have been intentional.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

26 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

For one inning.

Yeah that’s an given… you’d rather he get hurt prior to that? 

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t think it will even be the Sox problem to worry about in a couple weeks, and I think that will have been intentional.

Whoever trades for him isn’t shutting him down in July

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Whoever trades for him isn’t shutting him down in July

I didn’t say they would, but it won’t be the Sox problem to worry about one way or the other.  If he suffers poor performance or gets injured then, the Sox won’t be impacted.  And I think that was intentional by the Sox.  Once he showed how good he could be, the Sox let him throw without any concern for his innings cuz they knew they would be trading him.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

7 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

They spent 10 mins on the pre game talking about how Eloy is working super hard on getting the ball in the air. That's 3 out of 3 ground balls so far tonight. 

Yes but tomorrow he starts working super duper hard so look for results soon.....progress, not perfection.

12 minutes ago, MEANS said:

Yeah that’s an given… you’d rather he get hurt prior to that? 

Yes, I want our best trade chip to get injured because I would prefer to watch him pitch more innings.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Yes but tomorrow he starts working super duper hard so look for results soon.....progress, not perfection.

Anyone else cringe when The Legend said something like how every time Eloy gets in a groove he gets hurt and has to start over again?

Yeah, Stone Pony, that’s cuz he’s the most injury-prone walking disease in baseball.  Where the hell have you been?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Schriffen is talking up the NBA Summer League and how excited he is for it.  Anyone else think he took the Sox gig to grease the wheels with Reinsdorf for a future Bulls commentator gig?  He sure seems to love basketball more than baseball.  He does have SlamBall experience after all…

Edited by WhiteSox2023

8 minutes ago, flavum said:

Eh, I kinda think they’ll end up winning 3 out of 10 no matter what. 

That’s what we thought in the offseason.  No one thought winning at a .250 rate would be possible and they proved us wrong for a long stretch.  Now imagine Robert, Crochet, Fedde, and any halfway decent reliever in our garbage bullpen being gone, along with DeJong and Pham?

Edited by WhiteSox2023