Bowden eliminates Philly from Robert

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I saw they’re in the hunt for a RHH OF. Don’t think any team will pay what it would take to pry away Robert but we can trade them Pham.

I think they want a CF though and that ain’t Pham even if we’re playing him there.

Just now, Timmy U said:

I actually doubt either Robert or Crochet will be traded before the offseason, BUT...  Bowden is an idiot. He's never right about anything.

I agree. They both have significant limitations from getting appropriate value. If they both stay healthy the rest if the way the value goes up. That is taking a chance with both though.

27 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I agree. They both have significant limitations from getting appropriate value. If they both stay healthy the rest if the way the value goes up. That is taking a chance with both though.

#MakeBirminghamBetter

We are fans of of another habitual losing small market team.

I wonder if Dodger, Yankee, Braves, Oriolesm fans are into the prospect humping.  I guess they trade to bring someone up that is more than ready to play.

Trading Robert will continue to create that everlasting hole in CF.   The Sox still can't fill 3B.

#MakeBirminghamBetter

10 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

#MakeBirminghamBetter

I wonder if Dodger, Yankee, Braves, Oriolesm fans are into the prospect humping.  I guess they trade to bring someone up that is more than ready to play.

Trading Robert will continue to create that everlasting hole in CF.   The Sox still can't fill 3B.

#MakeBirminghamBetter

The Sox will never compete with the revenue of the Yankees and Dodgers. The Orioles had years where they were as bad as the Sox are. 

The Sox are grouped in the the rest of the league going through the times of up and down and trying to figure out how to get out of mediocrity. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I actually doubt either Robert or Crochet will be traded before the offseason, BUT...  Bowden is an idiot. He's never right about anything.

To be fair, it’s Rosenthal who is saying the Phillies won’t be trading for Robert. Bowden said he was one of their three main targets for the OF.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

#MakeBirminghamBetter

#MakeBirminghamBetter

Haha grouping the Orioles with the rest of them is hilarious. They are prospect humping RIGHT NOW. 

3 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Haha grouping the Orioles with the rest of them is hilarious. They are prospect humping RIGHT NOW. 

the Orioles, prior to their recent prospect warehouse, were the ass end of the league for years, he wasn't talking about the current Orioles 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

the Orioles, prior to their recent prospect warehouse, were the ass end of the league for years, he wasn't talking about the current Orioles 

Then his post makes even less sense. 

Robert had some interesting things to say apparently today after loss #70 to the Sun-Times. This is from their post game report:

Given the Sox’s current state, Robert said he doesn’t know if the team has the building blocks in place to lift it back into playoff contention. He also hasn’t talked to general manager Chris Getz about his future, but he’s trying to remain in the present as uncertainty continues to loom around him until the deadline passes or a deal is made.

“I’m here,” Robert said. “My mind is here and until something changes, I’m here.”

I don't know if this is a shot at the organization and the kids in the minor leagues or what. He has to know this is going to take a few years to get right again (if ever). 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Robert had some interesting things to say apparently today after loss #70 to the Sun-Times. This is from their post game report:

Given the Sox’s current state, Robert said he doesn’t know if the team has the building blocks in place to lift it back into playoff contention. He also hasn’t talked to general manager Chris Getz about his future, but he’s trying to remain in the present as uncertainty continues to loom around him until the deadline passes or a deal is made.

“I’m here,” Robert said. “My mind is here and until something changes, I’m here.”

I don't know if this is a shot at the organization and the kids in the minor leagues or what. He has to know this is going to take a few years to get right again (if ever). 

Why would the major league OF care about the minors? Other than taking his job most bmdont pay attention.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Why would the major league OF care about the minors? Other than taking his job most bmdont pay attention.

Well he has to know already the big league team isn't capable of squat. So who else could he be talking about other than the kids he saw in the spring and so far this year.

If he isn't that has to be perceived as a comment on his big league teammates.

And he isn't wrong, they are clowns and buffoons but to say that out loud? Or to imply it is something that doesn't happen often.   

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Well he has to know already the big league team isn't capable of squat. So who else could he be talking about other than the kids he saw in the spring and so far this year.

If he isn't that has to be perceived as a comment on his big league teammates.

And he isn't wrong, they are clowns and buffoons but to say that out loud? Or to imply it is something that doesn't happen often.   

#MakeBirminghamBetter - nice pitching prospects but as far as hitting a baseball, it doesn't look good.  They would have to spend money to improve that and not on veteran NL players either.

5 hours ago, ptatc said:

The Sox will never compete with the revenue of the Yankees and Dodgers. The Orioles had years where they were as bad as the Sox are. 

The Sox are grouped in the the rest of the league going through the times of up and down and trying to figure out how to get out of mediocrity. 

as in habitual losing small market organizations

other than that I can't buy into another reality

They seem to get a lot of things wrong.  I get Reinsdorf not wanting to spend money since he is bad at it.  The organization is terrible at scouting.  JR seems like a guy into loyalty over performance (see Chris Getz).  That his biggest weakness.  Unfortunately there's not enough fans who are into loyalty over performance. 

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

as in habitual losing small market organizations

other than that I can't buy into another reality

They seem to get a lot of things wrong.  I get Reinsdorf not wanting to spend money since he is bad at it.  The organization is terrible at scouting.  JR seems like a guy into loyalty over performance (see Chris Getz).  That his biggest weakness.  Unfortunately there's not enough fans who are into loyalty over performance. 

So all teams other than Yankees and Dodgers are small market habitual losers.  Looking at the records of all the teams besides those, it's pretty accurate. 

Latest from Bob on Robert trade market:

The White Sox, who were uncertain that oft-injured center fielder Luis Robert would have high enough trade value to move, they now are cautiously optimistic that they can trade him.

Also worth noting he says that the Mariners are a favorite for Jazz while the Phillies have no interest in him (he is a lefty).  I still think the Phillies are the most likely suitor for Robert despite Rosenthal’s speculation on willingness to give up big prospects (just doesn’t align with how Dombrowski has operated).