7/13 - Chicago Eastlands vs. Pittsburgh Graham's Ferries - 1:10 pm; Ortiz v. Flexen

Just now, Timmy U said:

Feels like maybe the Sox should trade Flexen right now. During the game. His value is never gonna be higher.

I kind of think you pair him with Crochet to provide some innings while Garrett is temporarily ramped down.

46 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

That turn by Sosa was pathetic. He's 1b/3b/dh, if he hits. Maybe an occasional fill-in at 2b. Bring Baldwin up after the trade deadline.

Baldwin probably gets first crack at SS even if he’s more of a 2B long term.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I kind of think you pair him with Crochet to provide some innings while Garrett is temporarily ramped down.

If you keep Crochet after the deadline, they'll be pairing young guys like Cannon, Bush, Eder, Mason Adams, Davis Martin etc. Flexen will be traded if anyone offers anything.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

If you keep Crochet after the deadline, they'll be pairing young guys like Cannon, Bush, Eder, Mason Adams, Davis Martin etc. Flexen will be traded if anyone offers anything.

Sorry, I meant pair Flexen with Crochet in a trade to solve the temporary innings dilemma that Garrett comes with.  I think Flexen is gone no matter what though.

Just now, Timmy U said:

If there was an ABS challenge system in this game, the Sox would be challenging every third pitch.

Way things are going I think we have the robot strike zone in 26 assuming the trials in spring next year and the following and in the minors go well.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well if that's his last start Flexen did the job he was brought here to do and he does have some trade value.

I guess they're managing his workload too, for whatever reason.
Yea they can trade him for someone's #15 prospect; but they will reach a point of diminishing returns with so many #15 prospect guys to trade.

Just now, Tomtom said:

Do not understand why Flexen was taken out with less than 80 pitches thrown.  Another great move by Grifol that will come back to bite him in the ass.

we're saving these guys for someone else at this point. is what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomtom said:

Do not understand why Flexen was taken out with less than 80 pitches thrown.  Another great move by Grifol that will come back to bite him in the ass.

Well anytime you can bring in a guy of Tanner Banks' stature!

Flexen through whole 72 pitches.  Did the FO actually order him pulled?  Or was this the maestro in dugout?
And if it's "Trade value" well, Flexen had some cushion so as to to hurt his  trade value (which still isn't very much).
Banks' just got wacked.

Edited by GreenSox