Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

13 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

2 years of control after this year puts him on the fence for me.

Tigers spend though, they will actually pay to extend their star pitcher, unlike Reinsdorf.

On 7/19/2024 at 10:24 AM, Bob Sacamano said:

2 years of control after this year puts him on the fence for me.

The Tigers are very close to being a contender. They can move him this time next year if things don’t work out next season. That could be this season. They’re not that far out of it now.
The Pirates have an interesting young team. Can you imagine crochet on their pitching staff? #1 starting staff in the NL, perhaps in MLB.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The Tigers are very close to being a contender. They can move him this time next year if things don’t work out next season. That could be this season. They’re not that far out of it now.
The Pirates have an interesting young team. Can you imagine crochet on their pitching staff? #1 starting staff in the NL, perhaps in MLB.

The Bucs are looking to trade pitching for hitting. If they buy it'll be for their outfield.

• Like 1

Latest update on Crochet from Bob:

The New York Yankees, for the first time, are willing to include No. 1 prospect Spencer Jones in a trade for White Sox ace Garrett Crochet or Tigers Cy Young candidate Tarik Skubal.

The White Sox, however, are holding out for a bigger package from the Yankees and others.

The Los Angeles Dodgers have spoken to the White Sox about a blockbuster that would include Crochet, center fielder Luis Robert and perhaps reliever Michael Kopech, too.

Also says the Tigers are talking to teams about Skubal, but that he’s unlikely to be trade (which is good for the Crochet & Fedde markets).

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Latest update on Crochet from Bob:

Also says the Tigers are talking to teams about Skubal, but that he’s unlikely to be trade (which is good for the Crochet & Fedde markets).

I couldn’t possibly have any less interest in packaging both Crochet and Robert to LAD for that mid farm of prospects, gross. This boneheaded FO better do the intelligent thing and put them apart in separate deals. Trading them both in a package to the dodgers of all teams would be very Whitesox. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, peanut33tillman said:

I couldn’t possibly have any less interest in packaging both Crochet and Robert to LAD for that mid farm of prospects, gross. This boneheaded FO better do the intelligent thing and put them apart in separate deals. Trading them both in a package to the dodgers of all teams would be very Whitesox. 

I'd need most of the Dodgers farm system to even consider it.  Its a non-starter, imo. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd need most of the Dodgers farm system to even consider it.  Its a non-starter, imo. 

Can we get their scouts / player development staff?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

I remember after the terrible 1970 season the team traded Aparicio and Ken Berry. They still had John, Horlen, May,  Melton and Wood. If they trade Robert Jr, Crochet and  Fedde this team will be left with nothing but prospects.

Edited by WBWSF

3 hours ago, bighurt574 said:

Spencer Jones seems underwhelming.  Probably not a coincidence that NYY are suddenly willing to include him when he’s been struggling at AA this year. 

He's not a centerpiece anymore.....I agree

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

I remember after the terrible 1970 season the team traded Aparicio and Ken Berry. They still had John, Horlen, May,  Melton and Wood. If they trade Robert Jr, Crochet and  Fedde this team will be left with nothing but prospects.

The biggest thing the Sox had going for them was that John Allyn had the guts to see things were off the rails, fired basically everyone and brought in Roland Hemond and Chuck Tanner.

Things got better in a hurry.

That's not going to happen with JR so keeping Crochet and Robert do nothing to really move the needle to being a competent, winning franchise again.

So until new ownership arrives, keep getting prospects and hope.

That's all you've got right now. 

• Like 3