Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I know you’re mostly joking, but it sounds like they are calling up Locklear

They aren’t calling up Locklear, they are giving Vosler a look instead. 

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Since Seattle needs help on offense, maybe we can package DeJong or Pham, someone with Robert. Neither of those two are bringing back anything of significance by themselves anyway.

Looks like everyone in their infield is hitting terribly.

Edit: and their outfield is bad ha Pham works in a platoon with Raley.

Everyone is hitting terribly. But Pham might be a bigger negative than a positive for that clubhouse. 

Robert Murray on his Baseball Insiders podcast today starting at 23:50 had some interesting info specifically speaking to scouts, players, agents that he spoken to about Crochet. If he goes to the Orioles, Sox need to get Mayo or Holliday back, sorry not sorry, his upside is insane and this is his first year as a starter

Edited by Rey21

7 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Robert Murray on his Baseball Insiders podcast today starting at 23:50 had some interesting info specifically speaking to scouts, players, agents that he spoken to about Crochet. If he goes to the Orioles, Sox need to get Mayo or Holliday back, sorry not sorry, his upside is insane and this is his first year as a starter

The O’s are prospect hoarders. They are not giving up Mayo or Holliday unless it’s for Skubal. They seem to be obsessing over him.

8 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Crochet won’t be an Oriole then.

Just now, GreatScott82 said:

The O’s are prospect hoarders. They are not giving up Mayo or Holliday unless it’s for Skubal. They seem to be obsessing over him.

I bet they wouldn’t give up those guys for Skubal either.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Crochet won’t be an Oriole then.

That’s fine with me I’m just saying if the O’s are asking for him it’s gotta start with Mayo or Basallo + Kjerstad other I’m just moving on 

1 minute ago, Rey21 said:

That’s fine with me I’m just saying if the O’s are asking for him it’s gotta start with Mayo or Basallo + Kjerstad other I’m just moving on 

I don’t think the Orioles would ever give up two of those guys in any trade 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Meh. Don’t assume based off of one offseason and some dipshit named “Sportsguy.”

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I don’t think so either.

1 hour ago, Sox72 said:

Meh. Don’t assume based off of one offseason and some dipshit named “Sportsguy.”

It’s more about their GM than any Orioles poster.  Not gonna happen.

5 hours ago, Sox72 said:

Oh where oh where is our overlord @Rolle Tide? My heart is still broken and pining.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t think so either.

It’s more about their GM than any Orioles poster.  Not gonna happen.

Exactly…. I just don’t think any of their top young players are on the table, I think Elias is willing to deal MLB pieces that have been rumored to clear the way. My guess is the prospect availability now starts at Bradfield. I don’t see anyway Mayo or Holliday was/is on the table.

As for Basallo, I’d trade him as we have Adley. I think he might make him available in a deal for Crochet or Skubal. But he and what they are willing to deal likely isn’t enough. 

22 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

No one is assuming based on their posters lol

Good point …. Up to this point and since the day Elias started here he was upfront about what he would and wouldn’t do. 

He’s mentioned untouchable tied to Holliday, Mayo, and Kjerstad at some point. Would he deviate after Holliday’s lackluster 30 ABs in the Majors at 20 years old? I think chances increased from 100% against to maybe 98%.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

I don’t think Elias is done. 

I think he will add another mediocre starter.  I doubt he will even ante up for Fedde though.

But there is no doubt on what the reason will be if the Orioles don’t go deep into the playoffs and challenge for a ring.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

41 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Baltimore going for crochet just makes too much sense, just get it done 

Sure, it makes sense, but have you not watched what trades Elias has made?  He has not made one move in which he has traded his higher-end prospects.  It’s not happening.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sure, it makes sense, but have you not watched what trades Elias has made?  He has not made one move in which he has traded his higher-end prospects.  It’s not happening.

So with the current state of the team we have multiple holes. We have a DH type in LF who looks shaky on every play. A closer who is either brilliant or awful. A All-Star SS playing sloppy defense. Need another starter, a RH veteran LF , another BP arm. And a terrible swing at the first pitch organizational approach. Spending on Crochet or Skubal won’t fix that. Honestly, Elias would have to empty the cupboard to fix all the holes. 

25 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

So with the current state of the team we have multiple holes. We have a DH type in LF who looks shaky on every play. A closer who is either brilliant or awful. A All-Star SS playing sloppy defense. Need another starter, a RH veteran LF , another BP arm. And a terrible swing at the first pitch organizational approach. Spending on Crochet or Skubal won’t fix that. Honestly, Elias would have to empty the cupboard to fix all the holes. 

Seems like Crochet (if he’s willing to pitch in October), Kopech, & Pham would solve a lot of problems for you guys.

13 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

We still have plenty to trade for Crochet

Speaking without Sox bias, if I were the O’s—I’d go after Skubal before Crochet.  With Detroit closer to contending than the Sox, you’re still gaining an high quality pitcher, but also setting back another AL team who, with Skubal, could be a couple key pieces from contending along with you.  That gain is definitely valuable.