Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's only risk in keeping him, no reward.

Crochet leads MLB Pitchers in WAR. I think he's an incredible arm, and believe in everything he's doing, but it's still very possible he'll never be the best pitcher in the world for four straight months again in his life. In fact, it's more likely than not.

How about if they do not trade him....shut him down for the rest of the season ala Strausburg?

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

How about if they do not trade him....shut him down for the rest of the season ala Strausburg?

Based on what I've read about Bannister, he wouldn't even want crochet to do that. They want to keep him throwing, just not a lot and at high stress (gtg there). Slowly Deload him without ever fully stopping. 

That means risk of injury and/or some arm fatigue and outcome regression. He's at the top right now, there's no where else for him to go. He can sustain it and continue to build value, but reality is he's gonna be innings capped ROY so not like he's going to establish himself as a work horse.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Weren't you just stanning for an extension?

As I said in my initial post, I want to keep him and still would try that at all costs. I'm just not dumb enough to think that if they don't trade him today, they're keeping him. They've announced to the world they're trading him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

As I said in my initial post, I want to keep him and still would try that at all costs. I'm just not dumb enough to think that if they don't trade him today, they're keeping him. They've announced to the world they're trading him. 

But if you don't believe that he is going to be the same pitcher, why would you extend him?q

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The one positive with that is if JR would wake up and hire a real GM, and let him sign him or trade him. But that won't happen. 

The real GM is JR's buddy and is Getz's sounding board.  He wont get fired.  The only thing that will ever happen while JR is alive is that another puppet will be put out to be the face of the team while TLR pulls the strings.  

I'd still like to work out an extension with Crochet, probably impossible with our ownership group. But yeah, sox discord and twitter saying he won't be moved today. @Y2Jimmy0's tweet about not having enough suitors makes sense. Maybe dodgers get desperate at the 11th hour

Edited by whitesoxwinner

39 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If you're trading crochet, today is the time. Waiting until the offseason will reduce his value regardless of what some say.

Ehh. It really depends on the offers.  Its not inconcievable that teams just aren't going to pay top dollar considering the extension demands and the fact that Crochet can't really help you that much ROS with the innings limits.  I get what you're saying, but if you don't like the offers, waiting is so much better than settling.  The guy still has 2 years of control, and will still be pretty dang cheap in 2025 because arb raises aren't 10x. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Eduardo Perez ripping on the Sox for being awful with communication is quite interesting considering how close he is to Pedro

Eduardo is kind of a fool

Just now, supernuke said:

I don't see any way Crochet is available to pitch in October. Why would a team give up a haul for him now? 

I guess a team could just try to beat everyone else to GC by acquiring him now...and not letting everyone else have a shot in December?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ehh. It really depends on the offers.  Its not inconcievable that teams just aren't going to pay top dollar considering the extension demands and the fact that Crochet can't really help you that much ROS with the innings limits.  I get what you're saying, but if you don't like the offers, waiting is so much better than settling.  The guy still has 2 years of control, and will still be pretty dang cheap in 2025 because arb raises aren't 10x. 

Yeah after crochet screwed us it seemed to be the writing on the wall that we would have to wait for the offseason. Oh well. It is a pretty decent starting pitching free agent class, was hoping it would be poor before looking it up just now

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I'd still like to work out an extension with Crochet, probably impossible with our ownership group. But yeah, sox discord and twitter saying he won't be moved today. @Y2Jimmy0's tweet about not having enough suitors makes sense. Maybe dodgers get desperate at the 11th hour

What in the world is Sox discord?

9 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Probably not, and that's fine.  Hopefully he can build back some value for the off season.

Build back some value?  Huh?  Crochet may never be more valuable than he is today.  He could fall apart the rest of the season due to hitting the wall, or god forbid, get injured.

2 minutes ago, supernuke said:

I don't see any way Crochet is available to pitch in October. Why would a team give up a haul for him now? 

You got teams like the Cubs buying for next year right now. You could think your chances are better next year and try to acquire him.