Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Coincidentally, his projected deduct as a high school player? 2030

Again, they’re going to have waves of prospects coming thru just like the Orioles have had in recent years. Like the Orioles, the Sox are going to have several years of high draft picks as well as signing of free agents with the sole purpose of flipping them for prospects every July. No doubt they’re going to have a top 3 and likely even top farm system for a few years. That’s not my concern, my concern is development and sustained success.

People laughed when I said the Orioles window is going to close quicker than most think. “But look at how stocked their farm system is!” Holliday will be graduating from prospect status soon (assuming he doesn’t suck ass again and get demoted) so pretty soon their #3 prospect is Enrique Bradfield (seems to me their farm system depth is depleting). Easy to tank and be an annual seller. Hard to put a team over the top and sustain contender status while maintaining a strong farm system like the Dodgers or Astros.

• TLR 1

If Flaherty brought back some awesome package and Crochet and/or Robert were dealt for s%*#, people would have a point.  This is pretty much status quo.

BTW, is WestEddy trapped under some heavy object?  Where has he been?

6 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

If Flaherty brought back some awesome package and Crochet and/or Robert were dealt for s%*#, people would have a point.  This is pretty much status quo.

BTW, is WestEddy trapped under some heavy object?  Where has he been?

Hopefully doing ok but need a break from the Getz defense and pretending like everything is great with this organization lol

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So all the critiques of Fedde from May were resolved two months later? No mlb track record, one year wonder at age 30+, etc.? Seems like many are playing both sides of the coin here. He returned exactly what I expected him to return. I never believed he was returning a top 100 guy. Just like I didn’t believe Jack Flaherty was either.

Yes

11 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Again, they’re going to have waves of prospects coming thru just like the Orioles have had in recent years. Like the Orioles, the Sox are going to have several years of high draft picks as well as signing of free agents with the sole purpose of flipping them for prospects every July. No doubt they’re going to have a top 3 and likely even top farm system for a few years. That’s not my concern, my concern is development and sustained success.

People laughed when I said the Orioles window is going to close quicker than most think. “But look at how stocked their farm system is!” Holliday will be graduating from prospect status soon (assuming he doesn’t suck ass again and get demoted) so pretty soon their #3 prospect is Enrique Bradfield (seems to me their farm system depth is depleting). Easy to tank and be an annual seller. Hard to put a team over the top and sustain contender status while maintaining a strong farm system like the Dodgers or Astros.

No they are not.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Just like the first rebuild

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

If you think the White Sox prospect list is on par Baltimores, there isn't any reason to keep this conversation going.

Take a look, many of the Os guys graduated and/or were traded. They start to get very thin once Holliday also loses prospect status in a month. They’ll have just two T100 guys then.

Posted this in another thread but probably makes more sense here.

I know there was that rumor out of Boston that said the Sox wanted to attach Beni to a Crochet deal and I think @fathom (correct me if I am wrong) confirmed it. Don’t know how true, but it seems like it would be easier to do in the offseason. 

Not that I actually want them to nor think it’s a good idea. It's really dumb with such a low payroll but not at all surprising for this organization.

Combing through every team's payroll for 2025 on Spotrac, it's near impossible to find a deal for a similarly paid/controlled SP as Benintendi's deal for a bad contract swap. McCullers and Taijuan Walker were the closest but they are a year short so no idea why either would swap one of those guys for Beni.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

18 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jerry isn’t getting rid of Getz though and not taking advantage of this deadline is absolutely crazy.

It makes all the sense in the world to me. He was hired to do exactly what he's doing. Getz the Pet.

There's only one reason for JR to fire Getz and that's to shift focus away from him and make Getz  the fall guy by pretending he still gives a damn about winning.

But JR is usually more loyal to his Pets.  He's all probably let him Stay Getzy boy stay ! Good Getzy !

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Posted this in another thread but probably makes more sense here.

I know there was that rumor out of Boston that said the Sox wanted to attach Beni to a Crochet deal and I think @fathom (correct me if I am wrong) confirmed it. Don’t know how true, but it seems like it would be easier to do in the offseason. 

Not that I actually want them to nor think it’s a good idea. It's really dumb with such a low payroll but not at all surprising for this organization.

Can’t confirm anything, just that the idea of Benintendi being included in trade talks with Crochet was a possibility, and then seemingly confirmed by Boston radio guy.  Harold and nitetrain having similar information was just another caveat.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I was assuming we were going to acquire 3 bats to plug and play into our lineup almost immediately.  Meanwhile, we got one questionable bat only.

From who and for what ? I told you 3 weeks ago neither Robert or Crochet were being moved by the deadline.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No they are not.

Won’t be a wave if they can’t develop guys. Also, Orioles prospects are all hitters, and the Sox look to be pitching heavy.  I like Hagen Smith, but I really wish Cags was the pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Won’t be a wave if they can’t develop guys. Also, Orioles prospects are all hitters, and the Sox look to be pitching heavy.  I like Hagen Smith, but I really wish Cags was the pick.

I was torn .I had a feeling it was going to be Smith when I saw who was available knowing he was a very good LH pitcher which seems to be their forte. Cags was a fun idea as a pick. Big bat big personality , initially ranked higher than Smith but that doesn't mean too much right now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

From who and for what ? I told you 3 weeks ago neither Robert or Crochet were being moved by the deadline.

Fedde, Crochet, and Robert.

Obviously, Robert tanked his own value until he wasn’t worth selling low.

But congrats for somehow knowing that Crochet was going to demand an extension prior to him doing so.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But congrats for somehow knowing that Crochet was going to demand an extension prior to him doing so.

That innings limit and being available for the post season was always going to be an obstacle. I do think if he didn't mention an extension, an interested team could have managed his work load (let him start for 1 inning every 5 days) the rest of the way to at least give him the option to pitch in post season.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fathom said:

And we really don't have guys with those ceilings anyway.  Maybe Dutch and Hagen, but who else?

• Like 1

They already have a wave of prospects coming through. The question is how good of MLB players they will be, not whether they will come through. 

If you go by historical average, I don't think they don't have close to enough who will pan out in their system right now, given they likely have nothing at the MLB level who will contribute in 3-4 years except for starting pitchers. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sometimes you are denser than peanut butter. I outlined why way before that happened why he was least likely to be traded than Robert. Sure that hurt but there were reports he wanted an extension from the Sox already out there. Wanting one from a team he'd be traded to with no guarantee they'd treat him like the Sox did was him protecting himself from being exploited.

There wasn't going to be many serious suitors for him regardless because they already knew he'd be unlikely to pitch in the off-season and he didn't want to pitch in relief. Pretty simple. Don't blame me that you couldn't follow that train of thought.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So all the critiques of Fedde from May were resolved two months later? No mlb track record, one year wonder at age 30+, etc.? Seems like many are playing both sides of the coin here. He returned exactly what I expected him to return. I never believed he was returning a top 100 guy. Just like I didn’t believe Jack Flaherty was either.

Vargas was rated in top 40 a year ago with a 65/55 bat