Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would be shocked if he spoke to anyone about these comments before he said them, because anyone with a vested interest in the White Sox would have known how stupid and short sighted they were.

Oh, based on how he told the story I big time disagree. Jerry probably lit him up when the crochet news broke, he went and told Jerry he talked to garrett night before and was honest and heard nothing. He blamed garett to Jerry, then went to the media to show Jerry how true it was.

46 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s speaking on behalf of Jerry, who was livid.  Bob reported the Sox were pissed as well.  Don’t you remember Hawk complaining last year about agents being at fault for holding out players due to “injuries”.

Could be why they’re still trying to trade him, even though his value is not what it was. If you smite  Jerry, you gotta go.

I actually don’t mind him ripping Crochet.  Sox have him under contract so it isn’t like they have to move him anyway. But given the quotes I suspect they will…again I’m not optimistic but maybe Fedde was a bit more depressed of a value since he doesn’t have #1/#2 stuff and so teams discounted that and fact it’s a half season of progress after a number of years of sucking.

Kind of like that one year Humber was good before he went back to s%*#. 

• Like 1

I am bumping my Crochet trade odds up to 80%.  Getz has every right to feel betrayed by Garrett’s agency going to the media with the extension demand, but the way he talked about it yesterday just screams a relationship beyond repair and in this org that means you are long fucking gone as the player.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I am bumping my Crochet trade odds up to 80%.  Getz has every right to feel betrayed by Garrett’s agency going to the media with the extension demand, but the way he talked about it yesterday just screams a relationship beyond repair and in this org that means you are long fucking gone as the player.

We better not hear it was a lesser package because of the extension demands 

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You can't deny that's likely going to happen since fewer teams are in the running because of the extension demand. 

Sure there are fewer teams, but if it’s the Dodgers, they are always likely the favorite.  And I do predict it’s them with Outman and Rushing the main pieces.

Just now, Baron said:

I laughed at that Mayo led package from Baltimore by MLBN yesterday. Might not be too far off at this point. 

We could only hope, honestly. Doesn’t sound like he’s an option though.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

How can it not? That limits the teams that will pay for an extension with a player that has 2 more years of control.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

How can it not? That limits the teams that will pay for an extension with a player that has 2 more years of control.

Because if the package ends up being “that bad”, then hold on for him for rest of season and trade in offseason.

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh ye of faith.  This is 100% happening.  I bet it looks like what we should have gotten for Fedde, especially with the secondary teams without decent systems that keep getting talked about involved in talks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sure there are fewer teams, but if it’s the Dodgers, they are always likely the favorite.  And I do predict it’s them with Outman and Rushing the main pieces.

Yuck.  Acquiring Outman over additional prospects would be terrible.  He’s had a terrible sophomore slump and he will already turn 28 next season.  Along with a catcher that may not be able to stick there, and his bat likely isn’t good enough for 1B.  The Dodgers would have to be offering up Rushing and De Paula.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:

There were no extension demands for Fedde and he had a dirt cheap contract so what explains the mediocre return for him?

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yuck.  Acquiring Outman over additional prospects would be terrible.  He’s had a terrible sophomore slump and he will already turn 28 next season.  Along with a catcher that may not be able to stick there, and his bat likely isn’t good enough for 1B.  The Dodgers would have to be offering up Rushing and De Paula.

He's Vargas 2.0 in prospect status.  Again.. I'd be fine with him as a 3rd piece, but Getz will probably make him the headliner.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

With the Sox asking for Walker, and then getting Vargas, you can't disqualify the idea based on their behavior.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With the Sox asking for Walker, and then getting Vargas, you can't disqualify the idea based on their behavior.

Yep, it seems like they Getz might be trying to build a patchwork lineup with sell low candidates, rather than go the prospect route.  Yuck, I really hope this isn’t the case.

I just hope that Outman is already slightly out of Getz’s age range of players he is seeking so he avoids him altogether.  Both Walker and Vargas are a few years younger.

Edited by WhiteSox2023