Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You can't deny that's likely going to happen since fewer teams are in the running because of the extension demand. 

Then you trade him in December when 29 teams are interested.  Shut him down in the meantime if you're worried about injury. Selling low is the absolute worst thing to do. 

• Thanks 1

If we move Crochet, 24 hours ago I would’ve told you we’d be getting a stupid haul. I have no faith in Getz to get a substantial haul however now. I’d guess it’s more like something along lines of Rushing and Outman as the main pieces with a lotto ticket as we throw in potentially a reliever or something. I’m 100% expecting to be disappointed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

The offer is prolly garbage because Elias is smelling blood in the water after the Fedde disaster. 

I bet Norby, Beavers for Crochet AND Banks. 

Dude is a shark circling his prey. 

Would be our worst nightmare and a cheery on top of this s%*# sandwich of a season if Getz blew a major trade like Crochet or Robert 

Unless you are getting a sky high, clear overpay of a return they should keep him. Force another club to really pony up if they want him. 

You certainly have to hold out for a good return, but don't get cute either. Crochet is really a ticking time bomb and Sox won't have as much leverage in the offseason. Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good here.

Edited by Jake

14 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

Well when you take your two best prospects off the table, one of which is vastly overrated, you'll get that response. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jake said:

You certainly have to hold out for a good return, but don't get cute either. Crochet is really a ticking time bomb and Sox won't have as much leverage in the offseason. Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good here.

That’s really on the other side of the trade to consider. Sox should absolutely be “cute” with this move.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

Back in the day the Kansas City Athletics got labeled as being the Yankees farm system.

Yes, and their owner, Arnold Johnson, was thrown out of baseball. Probably after the Roger Maris gift package, but I'm not positive.

17 minutes ago, Jake said:

Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good here.

Getz certainly doesn’t seem to have “perfect” as his compass. ?

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am hoping and assuming we just don't want him.

Oh they definitely want him.  My guess would be something like Crochet and DeJong for Jones, Hampton and Pereira 

Edited by fathom
  • Paper Bag 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh they definitely want him.  My guess would be something like Crochet and DeJong for Jones, Hampton and Pereira 

oh lawd have mercy. How is NYY not sprinting this proposal to us

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

oh lawd have mercy. How is NYY not sprinting this proposal to us

That’s just a guess, but I can promise you the Sox are obsessed with Jones and value him way too much

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That’s just a guess, but I can promise you the Sox are obsessed with Jones and value him way too much

Perhaps the sox also signed DeJong thinking he was tall, realized he was normal, and have needed to go get the big boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am hoping and assuming we just don't want him.

I don’t put anything past these clowns - we gonna trade Crochet for season tickets to a clown show for all I know.

Spencer Jones couldn't have been drafted by a more perfect team than the yankees, has started to struggle, and it makes me incredibly nervous for the yankees to have "softened" on his value. Judge was an outlier, and maybe the yankees found out how to make all that work, but maybe judge is just...an outlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

some supposed NYY insider saying the yankees are indeed still going hard at Crochet, despite what Heyman is tweeting. 5000 followers but never heard of him:

This Spencer Jones stuff was all hype.  Saying he was off the table was just to hype him up for when they finally offered him up.  Lame.