Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What else are the Yankees going to give us?  I doubt Dominguez is available.  Its literally Jones and several supporting pieces, or NYY isn't an option. 

Yep. Pretty much every other team that's in the hunt could easily beat a Yankees offer.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What else are the Yankees going to give us?  I doubt Dominguez is available.  Its literally Jones and several supporting pieces, or NYY isn't an option. 

Nothing

30 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

This is what the Dodgers would have to do to get it done.

Those predictions are harmful to your health to look at

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't help but wonder if this dude still thinks he can push up the rebuild with a few of these kinds of guys.

I 100% believe this is where we are. It sure looks like they are aiming for a quick turnaround instead of doing a proper rebuild. Which of course will set the franchise back years.

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I 100% believe this is where we are. It sure looks like they are aiming for a quick turnaround instead of doing a proper rebuild. Which of course will set the franchise back years.

I don’t know, we did get two young position players yesterday. I think in general the closer to majors, the better,  but with cease and fedde they’ve leaned on A ball returns.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

With the hopes of being wrong, my Yankees prediction

Crochet, DeJong, and Benitendi

for

Jones, Pereira, and Anthony Hall

Sox retain $5 million per season of 10D.

Rip the bandaid off. I'm ready for the pain.

Giving Getz the benefit of the doubt, I think he deals with the western teams because he has more knowledge of the prospects via Arizona facility.   I really don't think he's pulling names from BA's rankings list.

The Dodgers like the Sox players (the good ones); little disappointed that the Dodgers allowed St Louis to ripoff Getz yesterday; should have stepped in and said St Louis needs to  send prospects to the Sox.  While that is naive,  abetting a ripoff is not good business.

Too bad Jones has a bad swing. That makes him a no-go, at least as a centerpiece.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Wasn't that the reason JR gave as to why he hired Getz? It shouldn't come as a surprise. 

4 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

This site is shitting itself, let's upgrade to something better/faster

The website is just doing its best impression of our chosen organization.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Chrs Getz next good trade will be his first.

I disagree. I like the Cease trade and the Grossman trade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Wasn't that the reason JR gave as to why he hired Getz? It shouldn't come as a surprise. 

It seemed logical to take that with a grain of salt because Getz was his typical lazy internal hire.