Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

1 minute ago, Big Hurtin said:

Every time I’’m like, So now something’s happening.

Same here. When it freezes, I immediately jump to Rosenthal’s and Passan’s account on X to see what happened. Then I’m disappointed when there’s nothing. Then I realize I’m actually relieved because the return will be subpar. 

I’ve done that 17 times so far today. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Chrs Getz next good trade will be his first.

To be fair, Getz does have one good trade already for sure — the corpse of Robbie Grossman for reliever Anthony Hoopii-Tuionetoa.  All of his other trades are either bad, questionable, and/or still up in the air.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Not Crochet related, but sounds like Sosa is coming back up. Dejong trade probably going to happen.

Yep, the Sox Machine guys (Margalus and Nelson) just mentioned this on The Score.  Other than Crochet, they expect DeJong and Brebbia to be dealt.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah who needs crochet when you have stud trevor rogers

I think it's all about what they need to give up. It looks like the ask for Crochet is pretty high from that return. I guess we see if anyone meets it or if Getz folds under the pressure. 

26 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Wasn't that the reason JR gave as to why he hired Getz? It shouldn't come as a surprise. 

I just hope we don’t lose a full season as opposed to hiring some competent “outsider.”

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, FT35 said:

I just hope we don’t lose a full season as opposed to hiring some competent “outsider.”

How does multiple sound? Because that's the way it is looking now.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Have a bad feeling Crochet ends up going to Braves or Yankees, with DeJong included.  

I get that the Yankees have Spencer Jones even though we all (justifiably) don't like him. But how would the Braves even try to make that happen?

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I get that the Yankees have Spencer Jones even though we all (justifiably) don't like him. But how would the Braves even try to make that happen?

AJSS, Nacho and some others?

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I can only make it work with Michael Harris being involved. OItherwise they make no fucking sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

AJSS, Nacho and some others?

That's light... AJSS has been rough this year and Nacho is a 3rd piece at best to me. But I understand that's the best they can probably do without dipping into established players

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Actually the Braves makes no sense and the Dodgers don't either unless it's for De Paula, Freeland, Ferris and Pages.

But what if they take on Benintendi’s deal?

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

That's light... AJSS has been rough this year and Nacho is a 3rd piece at best to me. But I understand that's the best they can probably do without dipping into established players

AJSS has been rough every year of his minors career except last year. Really low innings, lots of control issues.