Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

Wishful thinking - that Rogers deal just kept Crochet’s price tag incredibly high

Realistic - Chris Getz is a turd and has shown us he has no idea how to negotiate 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m not saying I want it by any means. This whole thing is a disaster.

De Paula PLUS Freeland PLUS Ferris PLUS Pages.

Getz needs to make up for yesterday's s%*# show.

Our payroll next year even with Beni is tiny. 

If the Orioles stand pat and ended up just keeping almost all their prospects, and all they got was Eflin and Rogers, then I am really pissed if I am an O's fan. Basically you arent trying to win it this year. You blew another year of the window.

1 minute ago, pmb0928 said:

If the Orioles stand pat and ended up just keeping almost all their prospects, and all they got was Eflin and Rogers, then I am really pissed if I am an O's fan. Basically you arent trying to win it this year. You blew another year of the window.

They did also probably accomplish raising the price for Crochet, Skubal making them potentially immovable to the contenders. 

They still need to trade him, imo,  because I believe that the odds that Getz learns a thing or two between now and December, recognizes he effed up the Fedde trade and tries to learn from it and expands his horizons beyond west coast teams, are a lot less than the odds that  he and Pedro seriously deteriorate Crochet's value on the field between now and season-end.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

We already got Nicky Lopez, what else is there?

I think Leury left their minor league team, so a reunion seems to not be in the cards. 

Who knew at the time, Leury's HR in the playoff game was the peak of the White Sox "championship" window"?

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think Leury left their minor league team, so a reunion seems to not be in the cards. 

Who knew at the time, Leury's HR in the playoff game was the peak of the White Sox "championship" window"?

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Same here. When it freezes, I immediately jump to Rosenthal’s and Passan’s account on X to see what happened. Then I’m disappointed when there’s nothing. Then I realize I’m actually relieved because the return will be subpar. 

I’ve done that 17 times so far today. 

They’re probably lurking here ? ? 

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

SD needs to pull Merrill off the major league squad to make a deal.

Snelling and De Vries is lame. 

That would be miles and miles better than the Fedde deal. De Vries is 17 in A ball with high potential

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That would be miles and miles better than the Fedde deal. De Vries is 17 in A ball with high potential

Well duh… Crochet >>>> Fedde