Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

48 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

How were we this year with 2 good players?

Through the first 6 innings....horrid.

After the 7th....historically abysmal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Getting Arraez for 2 years is well worth it to me. I would rather have Lopez coming out of the bullpen  now than  most present White Sox relievers. Keep in mind both of these payers were acquired for next to nothing.

You think those two additional players would have accounted for 25 to 30 more wins to make this awful team competitive?

Thank God JR stopped responding to your letters with your offer to be the Sox GM.  You would be worse than Hahn and Getz combined.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Getting Arraez for 2 years is well worth it to me. I would rather have Lopez coming out of the bullpen  now than  most present White Sox relievers. Keep in mind both of these payers were acquired for next to nothing.

Dillon Head, Jakob Marsee and Nathan Martorano are probably, roughly, the equivalent of Jacob Gonzalez, Wilfred Veras and Bryan Ramos. That is not "next to nothing". 

Lopez was a free agent pickup, struggling with some behavioral issues. I don't think this team would have been a good environment for him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Mariners appear to be a fit. Abundance of quality position players.

Unless they intend to use him in the pen for the rest of the year, the M’s aren’t a good fit. They desperately need multiple offensive pieces, and burning trade assets elsewhere doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Anyone who thinks there is some other path to competing other than completely tearing the whole thing down (like they are doing) is just being obtuse. 

Look if someone can give me a realistic path with some specifics, I will listen, but I haven't seen it yet.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Robert or Crochet are getting traded this month, and maybe not in the offseason either. 

Honestly I think it's going to take either a) 2 years of control or less or b) a team that trades for Robert with zero intentions of picking up his option. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look if someone can give me a realistic path with some specifics, I will listen, but I haven't seen it yet.  

All the plans for being .500 or better next year assume any rookie we plug in next year will be good and have no growing pains,

Edited by Bob Sacamano

8 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I don't think Robert or Crochet are getting traded this month, and maybe not in the offseason either. 

Honestly I think it's going to take either a) 2 years of control or less or b) a team that trades for Robert with zero intentions of picking up his option. 

Yeah god forbid those $20M options…?

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

All the plans for being .500 or better next year assume any rookie we plug in next year will be good and have no growing pains,

And free agency with a team that doesn't add the players who would make a difference enough.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You think those two additional players would have accounted for 25 to 30 more wins to make this awful team competitive?

Thank God JR stopped responding to your letters with your offer to be the Sox GM.  You would be worse than Hahn and Getz combined.

Amen! 

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Padres prospect took a big step back this year too Lesko, Snelling and Mazur have all had bad seasons. Salas is hitting under .200, and DeVries has been meh.

Could also give the Sox the opportunity to get a bigger package with them because of their bad years. 'Buy-low' so to speak.

7 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Could also give the Sox the opportunity to get a bigger package with them because of their bad years. 'Buy-low' so to speak.

That puts the onus on scouting and development which scares me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I think they're a bigger deal than most want to admit. 

$20M is an absolute bargain for Luis Robert. Stop this non sense. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I'm afraid that both Crochet and Robert Jr are going to be traded for prospects. This will leave the team  without any good players. This will be like the last 3 years of the second Bill Veeck ownership (1978-1980). There was no hope in those years and i see the same thing happening  here.

You and I are on the same page!

2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Anyone who thinks there is some other path to competing other than completely tearing the whole thing down (like they are doing) is just being obtuse. 

This idea of needing to tear the whole thing down is a modern development on how to run a team. Like MOST of modern baseball (very low batting averages; expectation of starters to only go 5 innings or 5 2/3 max) development it is ill guided and would not survive a thorough examination of how teams go from being losers to winners. 

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

This idea of needing to tear the whole thing down is a modern development on how to run a team. Like MOST of modern baseball (very low batting averages; expectation of starters to only go 5 innings or 5 2/3 max) development it is ill guided and would not survive a thorough examination of how teams go from being losers to winners. 

It's almost like things have changed and you can't run a team like you did in 1980.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You and I are on the same page!

If Brit Burns, Richard Dotson, LaMarr Hoyt and Harold Baines didn't leave you with anything to hope for, you should probably find some kids hitting the ball around at the park, and ask them to explain the game of baseball to you.

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

If Brit Burns, Richard Dotson, LaMarr Hoyt and Harold Baines didn't leave you with anything to hope for, you should probably find some kids hitting the ball around at the park, and ask them to explain the game of baseball to you.

Don't understand the post. I do recall Burns pitching 9 shutout innings in the playoffs vs the Orioles, a game that should have propelled us to a Sunday matchup with Hoyt on the mound. Hoyt would have won that Sunday game and we'd have advanced. Instead the Dybber with the baserunning blunder of all time and some Oriole blasting a 3-run homer in the 10th to bust a 0-0 tie. Sad sad sad.