Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So public opinion ma

Total BS. If he really was worried what the fans think, he would have resigned months ago. 

The issue isn't what fans think, the issue is what future employers think since JR is almost 90 and the odds are Getz won't be able to cash checks from this organization for much longer either way and it's not like he's made a ton of money in his career either.

He has to continue to work in baseball and dude can't be seen as a total clown.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

The issue isn't what fans think, the issue is what future employers think since JR is almost 90 and the odds are Getz won't be able to cash checks from this organization for much longer either way and it's not like he's made a ton of money in his career either.

While objectively true, that level of self-awareness usually disqualifies someone from JR's employ. Failing upwards has gotten him this far.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That's fine. I'd rather they wait till the offseason if people are balking at giving a haul PLUS a financial commitment to Crochet.

Chicago needs to get back multiple good bats in this deal. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

He just made some friends with STL and LA.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

That's fine. I'd rather they wait till the offseason if people are balking at giving a haul PLUS a financial commitment to Crochet.

Chicago needs to get back multiple good bats in this deal. 

If you're trading crochet, today is the time. Waiting until the offseason will reduce his value regardless of what some say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If you're trading crochet, today is the time. Waiting until the offseason will reduce his value regardless of what some say.

I tend to agree. A couple of months of 3 and 4 inning outings isn't going to get anyone to up their offer. he'll be making more coin.  And there is always a possibilty he gets hurt. With Getz going public, you would think the relationship isn't right for an extension. 

Edited by Dick Allen

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Fully agree.  If Getz doesn’t trade Crochet, then Getz has completely failed this deadline.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I tend to agree. A couple of months of 3 and 4 inning outings isn't going to get anyone to up their offer. he'll be making more coin.  And there is always a possibilty he gets hurt. With Getz going public, you would think the relationship isn't right for an extension. 

If they pay, grievances have a weird way of being forgotten. 

I'd love to keep Garrett. I just worry if they don't trade him it becomes a off-season best offer scenario and garrett will be worth less then. 

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm not sure. It will show that he can handle a season healthy. Up until now he hasn't shown that.

The only thing that will hurt his value is if he doesn't stay healthy.

Killing myself with the grandad level puns today. ?

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree.  If Getz doesn’t trade Crochet, then Getz has completely failed this deadline.

lol that's a dumb take, you don't even know what the offers were 

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I'm not sure. It will show that he can handle a season healthy. Up until now he hasn't shown that.

The only thing that will hurt his value is if he doesn't stay healthy.

Killing myself with the grandad level pins today. ?

There's only risk in keeping him, no reward.

Crochet leads MLB Pitchers in WAR. I think he's an incredible arm, and believe in everything he's doing, but it's still very possible he'll never be the best pitcher in the world for four straight months again in his life. In fact, it's more likely than not.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If they pay, grievances have a weird way of being forgotten. 

I'd love to keep Garrett. I just worry if they don't trade him it becomes a off-season best offer scenario and garrett will be worth less then. 

It's the White Sox. Holding grudges is their thing.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Just now, joejoesox said:

lol that's a dumb take, you don't even know what the offers were 

I don’t need to know what the offers are, the dude has a unicorn for sale in a market desperate for SP.  If Getz told teams he was dealing him now and not waiting until the deadline, then teams would stop slow-playing in hopes of Getz accepting a s%*# offer.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's only risk in keeping him, no reward.

Crochet leads MLB Pitchers in WAR. I think he's an incredible arm, and believe in everything he's doing, but it's still very possible he'll never be the best pitcher in the world for four straight months again in his life. In fact, it's more likely than not.

Weren't you just stanning for an extension?