Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

And Brebbia.  Both should be long fucking gone!

These guys really picked the worst fucking time to go ice cold on a 15 game losing streak and run their mouths to the media.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

The White Sox not trading Tanner Banks in this relief market is criminal.

100% right here.  Look even if it was a pitching return, you move Tanner Banks for these prices EVERY.SINGLE.FUCKING.TIME>

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

I guess Getz mean just Paul DeJong when there were more deals coming 

Still time left technically…but I’m absolutely blown away by the lack of activity from Getz.  Hopefully there is more coming, but right now he is officially the ultimate loser of the trade deadline.

• Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Still time left technically…but I’m absolutely blown away by the lack of activity from Getz.  Hopefully there is more coming, but right now he is officially the ultimate loser of the trade deadline.

He’s so bad at this job.  Sadly it’s probably for the best he didn’t make massive moves.  His terrible decisions have set things back a few years already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, fathom said:

He’s so bad at this job.  Sadly it’s probably for the best he didn’t make massive moves.  His terrible decisions have set things back a few years already.

Jerry isn’t getting rid of Getz though and not taking advantage of this deadline is absolutely crazy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

100% right here.  Look even if it was a pitching return, you move Tanner Banks for these prices EVERY.SINGLE.FUCKING.TIME>

Getz feels he is a cornerstone of the turnaround, too valuable to trade.

• Haha 1

Just now, pmb0928 said:

So who else is ready to see every baseball writer in America pick the white sox as the Losers of the trade deadline.

I’m ready for it but it’s absolutely devastating that we went from “the Sox will be running the deadline” a week ago to one big, bad trade and a minor nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pmb0928 said:

So who else is ready to see every baseball writer in America pick the white sox as the Losers of the trade deadline.

Fits well with our poor draft the last two years and awful offseason.

I’m ready for it but it’s absolutely devastating that we went from “the Sox will be running the deadline” a week ago to one big, bad trade and a minor nothing.

There's still time to trade Brebbia

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And Brebbia.  Both should be long fucking gone!

I could imagine Brebbia not drawing any offers at this point.

I was assuming we were going to acquire 3 bats to plug and play into our lineup almost immediately.  Meanwhile, we got one questionable bat only.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Fits well with our poor draft the last two years and awful offseason.

I want to defend Wolkow and Grant Taylor, but I will admit that Gonzalez is not trending towards being an mlb contributor. So, if that’s the metric of a bad draft, I feel ya.

i wanted a bat, but I would be shocked if Smith wasn’t really good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake said:

I could imagine Brebbia not drawing any offers at this point.

Which is shocking as his peripherals are good and he’s been one of the more dominant relievers since Jun 1st, yesterday not withstanding but at least he can alcohol to blame for that.  Someone should be willing to give up a lottery ticket.