Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

3 minutes ago, FT35 said:

Speaking without Sox bias, if I were the O’s—I’d go after Skubal before Crochet.  With Detroit closer to contending than the Sox, you’re still gaining an high quality pitcher, but also setting back another AL team who, with Skubal, could be a couple key pieces from contending along with you.  That gain is definitely valuable. 

The only person who said he is available is Morosi. I’m pretty sure he made it up. 

51 minutes ago, FT35 said:

Speaking without Sox bias, if I were the O’s—I’d go after Skubal before Crochet.  With Detroit closer to contending than the Sox, you’re still gaining an high quality pitcher, but also setting back another AL team who, with Skubal, could be a couple key pieces from contending along with you.  That gain is definitely valuable. 

I would venture to guess 80% of us would rather have skubal than crochet… however, crochet is more available (presumably)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I would venture to guess 80% of us would rather have skubal than crochet… however, crochet is more available (presumably)

This year or next? I man both had injury histories. I prefer Crochet as Skuball has had 2 TJ surgeries already. 

A rumor an hour ago said the Orioles are looking for a RH Power hitter for LF to replace Hays, another Starter , and a RP. 

1 minute ago, Rolle Tide said:

A rumor an hour ago said the Orioles are looking for a RH Power hitter for LF to replace Hays, another Starter , and a RP. 

Orioles gonna finally make some of that sweet sweet lovin happen?

5 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

This year or next? I man both had injury histories. I prefer Crochet as Skuball has had 2 TJ surgeries already. 

De La Cruz and Scott make a ton of sense

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Can it be Tuesday already, please?

So you just want to fast forward to Getz’s failure rather than feel every minute of the prolonged pain?  That would just take all the fun out of it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So you just want to fast forward to Getz’s failure rather than feel every minute of the prolonged pain?  That would just take all the fun out of it!

At least you have an open mind to wait and see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

At least you have an open mind to wait and see what happens.

You have been watching this s%*# show for years just like everyone else.  Why give them the benefit of the doubt?  They don’t deserve it.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You have been watching this s%*# show for years just like everyone else.  Why give them the benefit of the doubt?  They don’t deserve it.

I prefer to give the new guys chance before I draw the conclusion. 

I'm a fan I always want them to do well and so far he's done ok with trades.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He has?  That is still up in the air.

The prize of his only notable trade just got lit up by the first team to see him a second time. Whether his stuff will play once teams get more tape is a big question right now IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The prize of his only notable trade just got lit up by the first team to see him a second time. Whether his stuff will play once teams get more tape is a big question right now IMO. 

Yep, along with the position player prospect from the trade currently batting .190 with a .665 OPS in High A ball.

And then there was his trade for Dominic Fletcher…

Or his trade for Bailey Horn that netted him nothing…

The Braves won the Bummer trade.  We are left with four bad players and one older relief prospect.

His only truly good trade was Grossman for a relief prospect.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I dont like Getz but it's not his fault Crochet nuked his trade value and Robert looks awful at the plate.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I dont like Getz but it's not his fault Crochet nuked his trade value and Robert looks awful at the plate.

I think we can blame Getz for building an offense that provides Robert with no protection, hiring a hitting coach who can’t get through to him, and refusing to make a change at manager despite the team more or less quitting (although that could be on Jerry admittedly).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Nightengale sure seems to think Crochet will still be traded with the way he worded that last tweet — “In what likely will be Garrett Crochet's last start with the Chicago White Sox…”

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Nightengale sure seems to think Crochet will still be traded with the way he worded that last tweet — “In what likely will be Garrett Crochet's last start with the Chicago White Sox…”

This means it's almost certainly LAD because they wouldn't mind giving him 100m and owning him for 6 years (and backloading it) and LAD won't have to give up De Paula or anyone truly valuable so long as they also take on Beni so they will take advantage of the fact that we are cheap as hell.

Basically it will be Crochet and Beni for maybe like the Dodgers no. 8 or 9 prospect and someone in the 15-20 range and someone in the 20-30.

If you're upset right now, this place will be a thermonuclear wasteland if a Crochet trade goes thru. 

80% of the return will be salary relief. 

• Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This means it's almost certainly LAD because they wouldn't mind giving him 100m and owning him for 6 years (and backloading it) and LAD won't have to give up De Paula or anyone truly valuable so long as they also take on Beni so they will take advantage of the fact that we are cheap as hell.

Basically it will be Crochet and Beni for maybe like the Dodgers no. 8 or 9 prospect and someone in the 15-20 range and someone in the 20-30.

If you're upset right now, this place will be a thermonuclear wasteland if a Crochet trade goes thru. 

This would be THE most Whitesox thing ever….

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Let’s avoid believing this Benintendi insanity for now.  It would be suicide for the franchise and as shitty as things are being a White Sox fan I don’t want to start thinking about ending my fandom preemptively.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s avoid believing this Benintendi insanity for now.  It would be suicide for the franchise and as shitty as things are being a White Sox fan I don’t want to start thinking about ending my fandom preemptively.

Yeah I just have a hard time believing it. I think one of the big reporters would have caught wind of it by now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Yeah I just have a hard time believing it. I think one of the big reporters would have caught wind of it by now. 

Bold of you to assume Chicago media would publish something Jerry didn't want out knowing it would piss off the fan base