Crochet Trade Updates (Nightengale)

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, along with the position player prospect from the trade currently batting .190 with a .665 OPS in High A ball.

And then there was his trade for Dominic Fletcher…

Or his trade for Bailey Horn that netted him nothing…

The Braves won the Bummer trade.  We are left with four bad players and one older relief prospect.

His only truly good trade was Grossman for a relief prospect.

I like the Cease trade. Thorpe has looked awfully good for a rookie on an awful team. Iriarte looks good. The reliever you mentioned looks good as well. 

As I mentioned elsewhere. He was stuck with having to have a core of Eloy, Moncada,  Benintendi and Robert which sunk the last regime. I'm willing to see how he does once he dumps them and gets to build a team. 

I also like many of his FO hires.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, along with the position player prospect from the trade currently batting .190 with a .665 OPS in High A ball.

And then there was his trade for Dominic Fletcher…

Or his trade for Bailey Horn that netted him nothing…

The Braves won the Bummer trade.  We are left with four bad players and one older relief prospect.

His only truly good trade was Grossman for a relief prospect.

Holy s%*# does the Mena trade look awful now. Not that it looked great at the time…

Getz took a 100 loss team and made it worse, while wasting time on bad vets over give kids ABs in the bigs. But they owed it to fans to not waste time in turning things around??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Holy s%*# does the Mena trade look awful now. Not that it looked great at the time…

Getz took a 100 loss team and made it worse, while wasting time on bad vets over give kids ABs in the bigs. But they owed it to fans to not waste time in turning things around??

All the trades look bad to me.  Thorpe has been ok, but it’s not like he was traded for a bad asset.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Mena has like a 1.6 WHIP in AAA. Not saying I support the trade necessarily, but he’s very likely JAG.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Mena has like a 1.6 WHIP in AAA. Not saying I support the trade necessarily, but he’s very likely JAG.

He was a top 10 org prospect at the time of the trade…he could have been used on something other than Dominic Fletcher.  If it’s true we had our choice of him or Jake McCarthy, then Getz & Barfield missed massively in their evaluations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

He was a top 10 org prospect at the time of the trade…he could have been used on something other than Dominic Fletcher.  If it’s true we had our choice of him or Jake McCarthy, then Getz & Barfield missed massively in their evaluations.

Getz should be pleased Santos has been injured, as Deloach and Berroa have been awful.  The draft pick was underwhelming IMO.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

And Fletcher can’t even get a long look on a 120 loss team. I’d rather ride with the kid that’s been young at every level over giving him away for a 4th OF. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

True, per Nightengale

– The White Sox had their choice between outfielder Jake McCarthy or Dominic Fletcher for Diamondbacks pitching prospect Cristian Mena, before taking Fletcher. Certainly, they relied heavily on the advice of assistant GM Josh Barfield, who was the D-backs' former farm director.

And even if Nightengale is wrong, your point remains — Mena was a top ten Sox prospect and could’ve been traded for someone that was actually good, i.e., not Dominic Fletcher.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

And Fletcher can’t even get a long look on a 120 loss team. I’d rather ride with the kid that’s been young at every level over giving him away for a 4th OF. 

Especially when the concern was his velocity and then you go and get Thorpe

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

Getz should be pleased Santos has been injured, as Deloach and Berroa have been awful.  The draft pick was underwhelming IMO.

Larson is certainly interesting IMO, but he’s a boom or bust type prospect and it’s scary that’s all we have to show for Santos less than a year after making the trade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Especially when the concern was his velocity and then you go and get Thorpe

And when he (Mena) immediately adds 2-3 MPH on his fastball after the trade...

@ChiSox59is fair in point out Mena's WHIP, but his numbers when you consider both how young he is and that he's pitching in the PCL honestly are not bad. I think he at least has an MLB future, which is more than I can say for Fletcher

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

That may say as much about Pedro and the White Sox then it does about Fletcher. And they insist on running sheets and Eloy and Lopez out there  the rest of the season, then he just got a wonder what they’re doing.

• Like 1