2024 Official Draft Thread - Day 1

7 minutes ago, bobbydanks said:

yeah the most important part of the offseason definitely doesn't belong on the main board that everyone browses...  

Please remember even if you spend day and night here some people are going to casually want to discuss stuff for the first time and be like "oh this place must be dead" if you literally aren't even fucking allowing discussion of the fucking draft on the main board. donkey ass move. the grifol of moderation 

Cool.  f*** off then.

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Man did I not expect this from your post. 

Harold loves anything Getz does. Getz could literally draft a piece of s%*# 1st and Harold would praise it. His credibility is gone unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Harold loves anything Getz does. Getz could literally draft a piece of s%*# 1st and Harold would praise it. His credibility is gone unfortunately. 

I meant that I expected Cags to be the pick with his response. The idea of taking a pitcher seemed dead in the water.

• Like 1

I’m real iffy on the Smith pick. People said that he was the best system fit for the Sox (Sale, Rodon, Crochet, Schultz) as he fits a profile that they clearly exceed in developing but I’m concerned because he had TJ so young, and who’s going to hit for the Sox? They need bats in the worst way, they won’t have a pick this high for a while.

Maybe this is signaling a Crochet trade? I don’t know. Not a bad pick, just perplexing. 

27 minutes ago, bobbydanks said:

yeah the most important part of the offseason definitely doesn't belong on the main board that everyone browses...  

Please remember even if you spend day and night here some people are going to casually want to discuss stuff for the first time and be like "oh this place must be dead" if you literally aren't even fucking allowing discussion of the fucking draft on the main board. donkey ass move. the grifol of moderation 

I can't say I disagree with this. I feel it should be on the main page, or at least a sticky redirecting here in the main page if possible. 

49 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I’d love one of the HS bats. Caldwell and Sanford have interesting write ups

Given the reaction for our acquisition of a 5 8 OF, I can't imagine the reaction with  5 5.5 Caldwell.

Edited by GreenSox

4 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

On the outside chance he gets there(unlikely I know) what would you think about Brody Brecht? 

Would be a boon in round 2 imo.

More realistically, but still kind of unlikely, I’m hoping for William Schmidt